News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Parents pride thread

Started by Siz, January 27, 2012, 06:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 07, 2012, 12:43:18 PM
My boy just came in 6th. Of the NATIONAL FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIPS.  WOOHOOOOO!
Yes. You see, would have been at least fourth if The Asmo was mentioned in stead of Spaghetti Monster.  >:(

Still, well done, that.  8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on April 07, 2012, 01:16:31 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 07, 2012, 01:11:09 PM

Damn! That's pretty good.

(There were more than 7 contenders, right?  ;D)
You evil shit you!!

Exactly the same thought crossed my mind  :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 07, 2012, 01:34:24 PM

You evil shit you!!

And presumably 23 good riders as it was the national championships? Way to go Jr!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on April 07, 2012, 01:36:22 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 07, 2012, 01:34:24 PM

You evil shit you!!

And presumably 23 good riders as it was the national championships? Way to go Jr!

Well, that's the angle I'm gonna take...  :D

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

The Magic Pudding

Congrats.
My daughter this week came in midfield in her attempt at nationals.
She doesn't like doing the swim leg in the pool but a shark was sighted, and a diver had recently been eaten (maybe not totally eaten but critically tasted) so it was the pool.  Surf lifesavers had just lost a fifteen year old to the water in their championships, a time for caution I suppose.

It sucks that those who train so long so hard for bike events lose because of a failed tube.

Ali

Congrats Scissorlegs, that's awesome!!!

Guardian85

You evil shit you!!

Why thank you for that very nice compliment!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 07, 2012, 03:10:56 PM

Congrats.
She doesn't like doing the swim leg in the pool but a shark was sighted, and a diver had recently been eaten (maybe not totally eaten but critically tasted) so it was the pool.  Surf lifesavers had just lost a fifteen year old to the water in their championships, a time for caution I suppose.

It sucks that those who train so long so hard for bike events lose because of a failed tube.

I must just be in a giggly mood today (I'm living up to the user title Tank gave me!) but I TOTALLY think that needs to become a whole new phrase the news media adopts! "The man was not totally eaten by the bear, but he was in fact critically tasted."

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Siz

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 07, 2012, 03:10:56 PM

Congrats.

...and well done to 'le petit fours magie'

Well, any incentive to swim quicker is a bonus, right?!

OldGit

Scissorlegs, congratulations to your lad for doing so well in the National fucking championship.  How did he get on in the bike race?

Siz

Quote from: OldGit on April 07, 2012, 07:12:31 PM
Scissorlegs, congratulations to your lad for doing so well in the National fucking championship.  How did he get on in the bike race?

Too knackered to compete. That's my boy! ;D

BTW, sorry I haven't offered my congratulations on your 1000 yet, I was waiting until I get to my work PC from which I can reengage Git-of-Siz avatar in honour. Anyway, Congrats for now!

McQ

A little pride showing through here.

One son coming back from a semester studying in Italy (Architecture major) tomorrow. Did really well.

Youngest son about to head off to college after high school this year. He is a pianist and has schools vying for his attendance. Two in particular have gone back and forth, each upping the scholarships and extras in order to get him to come to them. One had their Distinguished Artist in Residence call my son from Ireland to work on him too!

Finally! After four sons, I got one that schools are fighting over, rather than us begging to get in! Lol!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: McQ on April 21, 2012, 05:56:02 PM

One son coming back from a semester studying in Italy (Architecture major) tomorrow. Did really well.

Youngest son about to head off to college after high school this year. He is a pianist and has schools vying for his attendance. Two in particular have gone back and forth, each upping the scholarships and extras in order to get him to come to them. One had their Distinguished Artist in Residence call my son from Ireland to work on him too!

Finally! After four sons, I got one that schools are fighting over, rather than us begging to get in! Lol!
Congratulations!

I know only too well the variability of offspring!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: McQ on April 21, 2012, 05:56:02 PM

Congratulations! That's wonderful!  ;D

I certainly would understand if you didn't want to share anything publically, but I'm very fond of the piano, and if there were any recording online of him playing, I'd love to hear it sometime.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

The Asmo's ancient Small One escaped his cage, went all the way to the stairs, down, across the kitchen, up to the open window, out of that and into the shed where he was reacquired while sorting through the flower seeds.  :)

And The Asmo, he is proud of his old, barely walking-capable Small One and his epic conquest.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.