News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

New Here.....Hi

Started by Dee, December 25, 2011, 03:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Hello my name is Dee and this is my first post.  Im in my 40's, Im married to a wonderful man, and I am an empty nester, my son has gone off to college.  I have never believed in god, I was not brought up in "the church" and never took religion very seriously.  Only recently have I used words like Atheist and Humanist do identify myself, before then labeling myself was really never necessary.  I grew up in an open minded community that really didn't care if I was a believer or not, but recently we moved to Idaho and are surrounded by religion (a church on every corner, literally).  Now I feel the need, more than ever, to speak my mind and to be open about my views and opinions on religion.  I love that there is a forum out there like this for rational thinkers, I am in serious need of some sane conversation, LOL! 
;D

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

This is one of the best forums around ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Dee on December 25, 2011, 03:21:21 AMI am in serious need of some sane conversation, LOL! 
;D

Oh  :-[

I better be brief then.

Hello.

Dee

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2011, 03:31:29 AM
Welcome!

This is one of the best forums around ;D

Thank you!   I look forward to having a look around.  :)

Dee

Traveler

If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Tank

Hi Dee

I have 3 kids a daughter born in '86 and twin boy and girl born in '86. If your kid turns out to be anything like mine move to a one bedroom nest now! The buggers keep coming back!

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Welcome to the forum Dee! I think you'll find that most of us are quite sane, but not always serious. :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.