News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Bitter Godless Sort Seeks Same

Started by matty.the.damned, November 07, 2007, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty.the.damned

. . . in the most innocent possible way.

Greetings Fellow Passengers on the Express Train to Hell,

I'm known as Matty the Damned but most people call me Matty. I'm a 32 year old from Australia and I've been what I consider to be a militant atheist since I was 15.

Reading a book by Doris Lessing (don't ask me which one, I can't remember) taught me that all things can be understood by the rational mind and suddenly the who religious thing dissolved.

It was most liberating.

I reject all theisms, but Christianity and Islam annoy me the most, mainly because they proselytise. I agree with Sam Harris; that shit is straight from the Bronze age.

Of late my local community has been beset by an influx of members of a strange christian cult called the Exclusive Brethren. It is most tiring.

Regards,

MtD
Religion controls the weak, stupid and criminal minded in ways that threats of community service and prison cannot. - The Misanthropic Bitch

SteveS

Hi Matty - welcome to the board.  Exclusive Brethren?  That sounds very ... exclusive  :wink:  .  Sorry for the Xtian influx - I guess nobody escapes this sort of thing.  Sigh.

Steve

tomday

Hi Matty, nice to meet you.  Sorry to hear of your infestation;  'Exclusive Bretheren' are weirdos from over here and are one faction of the so-called Plymouth Bretheren.  I only close to Plymouth, but I had no part in sending them over to you - honest!

Bella

Great to have you, Matty. :)

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Matty"Greetings Fellow Passengers on the Express Train to Hell,

Welcome to the forum, Matty.

I prefer "Highway to Hell" myself.   :D

rlrose328

Welcome, Matty... great intro.  I so wish I'd discovered logic and reality at age 15... I didn't free myself until I was well past 30 (though I knew I didn't believe, I wasn't willing to make the leap to atheist... Bush being re-elected pushed me over the edge).

Great to have you here!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

matty.the.damned

Thanks everyone!

:o

MtD
Religion controls the weak, stupid and criminal minded in ways that threats of community service and prison cannot. - The Misanthropic Bitch

Whitney

Welcome to the forum

Davpronk

Welcome!!

stephy

heyyyy i like it. i wish i had someone like u in my philosophy class when i was 15/16!!!! it was like me against the world then!!