News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hi, I'm Switch

Started by Switch89, October 21, 2007, 06:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Switch89

Hi Everybody! Glad to be here! I found this forum via a friend on "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" Forum. Anyway, I've been an atheist for about six months or so, I'm extremely interested in evolution, and I'm a big Richard Dawkins fan (of course). Right now, I've been trying to learn more about Abiogenesis, but I guess I shouldn't go into that too much. I own a blog that rebutts creationist claims, some of you might be interested in visiting it. It's in my signature : )

VVV

Cheers!

SteveS

Hello Switch89 - Welcome to the forum!

rlrose328

Welcome, Switch!  Glad to have you aboard!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Squid

Hola. Evolution you say? [Mr. Burns]Excellent[/Mr. Burns].

As for abiogenesis, if you haven't checked it out already, Robert Hazen has a good book from a researcher's perspective on the field called Genesis: The Quest for Life's Origin.

ryanvc76

Welcome to the site!
---=---=---=---=---
http://www.vancleave.de
---=---=---=---
"[The Bible] has noble poetry in it... and some good morals and a wealth of obscenity, and upwards of a thousand lies." - Mark Twain

"Religions are all alike - founded upon fables and mythologies." - Thomas Jefferson

---=---

Whitney

Hey Switch...good to have you here. :D

Switch89

I'm sure L remembers me from the "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" Forum. Anyway, I've now written a book called "Atheism and Naturalism".

You can read excerpts here.

Also, on May 21 I'll be appearing on the infidel guy show.

PipeBox

Welcome, sounds just like me.  Atheist for 9 months, and I've been sucking in whatever science I can understand, much of it with a biology focus, as that's where a lot of creationist misunderstanding comes from.  I don't have a blog, though, so you've got me beat.   :D
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Whitney

Hey Pipe....did you see the date? lol

PipeBox

Woah.  See, I know what happened.  He just posted in philosophy, and I assumed he must have posted first in introductions, so I clicked his username and went from there.  Was wondering how he'd write a book after only being an atheist for 6 months.  Ambitious, to say the least.

Ugh, the embarrassment.
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Whitney

Quote from: "Switch89"I'm sure L remembers me from the "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" Forum. Anyway, I've now written a book called "Atheism and Naturalism".

You can read excerpts here.

Also, on May 21 I'll be appearing on the infidel guy show.

Hi again Switch.

I merged this with your old introduction thread since PipeBox had found it recently :)

Congratulations on your book.