News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Fresh meat here.

Started by JuStMaZnBlU, September 21, 2011, 10:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuStMaZnBlU

My name is Justin and I am a 29 y/o Atheist. I am pretty new to online forums for non believers and such. I personly like face to face conversation and arguments because I can present the facts and science, while a religer (lol) can not. I have an open mind, however some (understatement) stuff is just nuts to believe really happend. In all honesty its even hard to believe that out of nothing begat the universe as we know it. Anyways
Story about who I am.....
I never had faith in a god/s. Ever since I could remember I was always questioning why people go to church and why my grand mother (Protestant) would go to church every sunday while my grand father would rather stay at home and watch the Detroit Lions play. My parents never pushed a religion onto me and never spoke about an all mighty being in the sky, which I thank them for that. I grew up seeking what this whole religion thing was about, going to church retreats with friends, to bible studies, and so on. Before I turned 16 I had thought, "there has to be something to this god thing?" At 16 years old after countless hours of researching and reading. I came to the concusion that I am an Atheist.
I just could not believe the writings and materials that religious people accept. 
Question for everyone: Where can I find a scientology "bible" book? or should I just give up that search because my feton level isn't high enough? Serious question though, since I have read the O.T. and N.T. up and down. Not to mention the qur'an, and Torah. The book of mormon isnt worth the read. and my search for understanding humanity, the brain and why people have a god complex continues.

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

I'm sure you can find the scientology "bible" book in a big bookstore or online? From what I've heard, that book is just as shitty as the authors other sci-fi books, though I've never read any of them, nor intend to.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

JuStMaZnBlU

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 21, 2011, 10:57:40 PM
Welcome!

I'm sure you can find the scientology "bible" book in a big bookstore or online? From what I've heard, that book is just as shitty as the authors other sci-fi books, though I've never read any of them, nor intend to.

I have searched vigorously but have come up short every time. I do as well think its all a big joke by L. Ron Hub..whatever.

Whitney

welcome to haf....did you try xenu.net for the Scientology text? (i can't get it to load rightnow)

Recusant

Quote from: JuStMaZnBlU on September 21, 2011, 10:52:16 PMQuestion for everyone: Where can I find a scientology "bible" book? or should I just give up that search because my feton level isn't high enough?

Hello and welcome to HAF, JuStMaZnBlU. It sounds like you're looking for The Technical Bulletins of Dianetics and Scientology. Wikileaks had it online for a while, but, well, they've had some issues. You might be able to find it on one of their mirror sites, but I wouldn't make any bets about that. One place where you can look at some of the Technical Bulletins is at the American Buddha Online Library. They also have a stack of other material on Scientology. American Buddha has quite a wealth of interesting stuff that has nothing to do with Scientology as well.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

EDIT: I found some of the Wikileaks stuff on Scientology here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding

Hello and thanks for the term "religer"
I might try to put it in a sentence later.

Tank

Hi Justin

Welcome aboard. I notice that there are two user accounts registered against your IP address. Could you just confirm if you created (or not) the other user account on the 14th September?

Thanks
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

hi Justin
welcome to the forum. Sounds like your grandad had it right to me, I'd far rather watch football than be bored in a Church! I've never read any scientology books, it always seems a bit bizarre (possibly even more bizarre than any other religion!) that people can follow a religion created by a science fiction and fantasy author, without just repeating that to themselves and realising just what it means. South Park did a great episode showing some of the ridiculous things scientology teaches, it's pure science fiction;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rv0NLUfObc