Community > Parenting Beyond Belief

Dawkins writes book for Children

(1/12) > >>

DeterminedJuliet:
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/642927-children-are-indoctrinated-i-want-to-open-their-minds

ā€œIā€™m very aware that people try to get their hands on children and indoctrinate them and I want to open their eyes, open their minds, show them the thrill of science ā€” of really understanding so much of why we exist, why the universe exists, what life is."

Interesting read and may well be worth picking up when my little fella is a bit older. I was always given illustrated bibles and the like when I was a kid, it'd be nice to have an alternative  :)

Stev13jay:
Well growing up a roman catholic and getting my confirmation all of my youth I've been given l sorts of bibles and religious books its good to know that here are books I can give my child so he can know facts. Plus I love Richard dawkins work

SisterAgatha:
That book should be in the teenage section.

Kdis should not be exposed to atheist ideas at such a tender age.

Dawkins..ins't sunshine and rainbows.

If he were a woman..Id say he would be a bitter, grizzled old hag.

I wouldn't want my kids to be around tehm (if I had any that is)

Tank:

--- Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 03, 2017, 08:13:03 PM ---..

--- End quote ---

What? They shouldn't be told the truth about the myths of our understandably ignorant ancestors. But it's ok to tell them the world is run by a genocidal maniac who fooled his pets into cursing all their descendants for eternity because they listened to a talking snake?

Papasito Bruno:

--- Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 03, 2017, 08:13:03 PM ---That book should be in the teenage section.

Dawkins..ins't sunshine and rainbows.

If he were a woman..Id say he would be a bitter, grizzled old hag.

I wouldn't want my kids to be around tehm (if I had any that is)

--- End quote ---

Not only are you a troll, but you're a misogynistic troll at that, and a rather bad one. Is this the best you can do?

:yawn:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version