News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: hey there

Started by Tank, August 22, 2011, 04:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaemonWulf

Hi everyone; my name's DaemonWulf, I'm an agnostic/atheist living in upstate New York with my wife and teenage son. My passion is motorcycles (I have an '03 Triumph), art (when I actually get around to it I draw pop art stuff in the style of Coop and Bawidamann) and spending way too much time online. I admire free thinkers and those that walk a path others are afraid to tread. I'm a bit left-leaning in my politics (support gay marriage, don't support the war, think that George W was one of the worst things that ever happened to our troops, our economy, and our rights) and I'm  bit of a conspiracy theorist, as in I believe most of what Alex Jones talks about but dismiss stuff much further out there than that (aliens inhabiting a secret base under D.C.). The name, if you wondered, started out as something that would sound cool as a CB handle, (just DemonWolf) then evolved into it's current form; daemon (of Greek origin) being a guardian spirit (sometimes with trickster tendencies) and the German form of wulf because I'm a WWII buff who's always appreciated the machines they came up with during the war, especially my favorite old fighter; the Focke Wulf (fighting wolf) FW190. I used to be a terrible prick on web forums because of my temper, but in recent years have learned to dull my initial reaction with this funny thing called reason and actually see things with an objective eye before responding (most of the time). Feel free to ask me anything I missed, and I'm lookin' forward to joining the community.
So I wonder this, as life billows smoke inside my head; this little game where nothing is sure... why would you play by the rules? - Dave Matthews

Whitney

Tank

Helo DaemonWulf

Looks like you have a lot to add and we keep a bucket of water handy if you get too hot  :D

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Xjeepguy

Hiya! it sounds like you will have a lot to contribute to the discussions here. Welcome aboard!
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

DaemonWulf

Thank you all for the welcome. I should be ok, Tank; everyone here seems pretty reasonable, and I've gotten better at dealing with the unreasonable. I just recently stopped trolling an evangelical forum where I was building up my tolerance.. lol.
So I wonder this, as life billows smoke inside my head; this little game where nothing is sure... why would you play by the rules? - Dave Matthews

Sweetdeath

Helllooo!  Nice to have you on board~
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: DaemonWulf on August 22, 2011, 05:53:34 PM
Thank you all for the welcome. I should be ok, Tank; everyone here seems pretty reasonable, and I've gotten better at dealing with the unreasonable. I just recently stopped trolling an evangelical forum where I was building up my tolerance.. lol.
I joined Theologyweb and one of the reasons was to get exposure to a theistic way of thinking, so I know where you're coming from. I used to ride a motorcycle when I was younger and a Triumph Bonneville was definitely an object of desire!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Welcome! I really do like your choice of a username ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

DaemonWulf

Thanks Sweetdeath and xSilverPhinx, it's great to be here so far. I had to keep the name, since I sign my art with the initials.. lol. Tank, I really didn't join the other site with any noble intentions; I was kinda outraged at a post there and had to put a comment or two in. When I got banned the second time, it was a relief. It's really hard to express frustration while trying to avoid bannable offenses, especially when innocuous comments can get you banned. Their rating system was the best... you start out "under suspicion" and depending on whether you get green (good) or red (bad) marks, can move up to "god's servant" and such, or down to "DOOMED - not getting it, at all". But I've definitely learned more tactful debate. As for the bikes, I've always loved the Bonneville myself; my '03 Speedmaster is a variant on that theme, but she's in the "cruiser" line rather than the Bonnie's "modern classics" line. I'd love a '68 or '69 Bonneville, but I think my next bike purchase will be something newer, more powerful to do some sport-touring on. Maybe a Daytona 955 or Trophy 1200. Been lusting after Kawasaki's ZX14, but they're out of my price range.