News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Why do you do it?

Started by Abletony, July 25, 2011, 01:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abletony

Whatever you do, what's your reason for doing it? Has it always been the same reason or has it changed over the years? Would you change your mind?

Cecilie

Well, right now I'm surfing the internet. The reason being I'm bored.
The world's what you create.

Davin

Quote from: Abletony on July 25, 2011, 01:18:15 PM
Whatever you do, what's your reason for doing it? Has it always been the same reason or has it changed over the years? Would you change your mind?
Everything I do, I do it for you.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on July 25, 2011, 03:49:19 PM
But I won't do that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Tank on July 25, 2011, 04:31:24 PM
But I won't do that.
That had me laughing for a good while. ;D
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Abletony

It wasn't that funny. Geez.

Tank

Quote from: Abletony on July 25, 2011, 04:49:46 PM
It wasn't that funny. Geez.
Humour is in the mind of the beholder.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Abletony

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Davin

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Davin on July 25, 2011, 04:48:57 PM
But I won't do that.
That had me laughing for a good while. ;D

You guys  had me laughing aloud on the bus. XD thanks.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Abletony

Gawen

My reason?

Happiness.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

wildfire_emissary

But I won't do that.
Do that to me one more time?
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

The Magic Pudding

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Please, it's not pretty to watch.