News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Texas Wildfires

Started by fester30, April 19, 2011, 02:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

If God was punishing Japan for being an atheist nation during the recent earthquake/tsunami, is he also punishing Texas for being a Christian state?  Does this mean that Christians should convert to Islam?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "fester30"If God was punishing Japan for being an atheist nation during the recent earthquake/tsunami, is he also punishing Texas for being a Christian state?  Does this mean that Christians should convert to Islam?

Are you denying the possibility of multiple gods or one god with a multiple personality disorder?
These days people assume their god's punishing them, why not a rival god?
What if gods are like a bunch of kids building with their Lego bricks, if a rivals effort looks better than yours you knock em over.
The wimpy or inattentive god that lets his works get whacked has obviously failed.
So I suggest if your country is getting knocked about it's time you went looking for a new god, it's not doing its' job.

fester30

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "fester30"If God was punishing Japan for being an atheist nation during the recent earthquake/tsunami, is he also punishing Texas for being a Christian state?  Does this mean that Christians should convert to Islam?

Are you denying the possibility of multiple gods or one god with a multiple personality disorder?
These days people assume their god's punishing them, why not a rival god?
What if gods are like a bunch of kids building with their Lego bricks, if a rivals effort looks better than yours you knock em over.
The wimpy or inattentive god that lets his works get whacked has obviously failed.
So I suggest if your country is getting knocked about it's time you went looking for a new god, it's not doing its' job.

Someone's always gotta outdo my satire with their superior satire.  GRR!

Tank

No, it just means they're the wrong sort of Christians doesn't it?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

fester30

Quote from: "Tank"
No, it just means they're the wrong sort of Christians doesn't it?

Well I hope they aren't Jehovah's Witnesses.  Only 144,000 of them go to heaven, and the last of the 144,000 was chosen in 1935.  All today's Jehovah's Witnesses have to look forward to is that they will inhabit Earth after the end times.  In other words, they get to live in the world of the Fallout game.

KDbeads

Over a million acres so far........  Maybe he's cleansing the earth of those damn mesquite trees for his precious rancher believers?

All said though.... we are TERRIFIED.  I have all the necessities for evacuation literally sitting by the front door and the cat crates are in the truck, waiting.... just in case

Can someone PLEASE send us some rain?????  I'd even take hail.  A preseason hurricane that just barrels up through central TX would be nice too.  Last one we had brought 7" of rain... but that was Sept 2009.  We've only had 2.5" of wet stuff here in town since September 27, 2010!!!!!!!!
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Let's see if this helps!

[youtube:jbn42xxe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zOWGX4-wv8[/youtube:jbn42xxe]
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

It's rains... what? 200 days a year here. You can have some of it if you want.
The world's what you create.

KDbeads

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

The Magic Pudding

Often before a Southern change brings relief to fire fighters with rain and cooler conditions, it is preceded by strong winds that make things tricky for a while.  Capricious buggers these weather gods.

wildfire_emissary

Don't you realize that it was me who did it? I was made divine when I took a bite at The Magic Pudding's fruitcake. But it wasn't me in Japan. I got relatives there.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire