News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Athiest Bible

Started by Asmodean Prime, September 04, 2007, 12:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

I found a great book out there called the Atheist's Bible. The entire contents are quotes, mostly atheists or agnostics but also from critics of organized religion. The book, edited by Joan Konner (former Dean of the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism), contains quotes covering everyone from Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris to Gypsy Rose Lee, Homer Simpson and Woody Allen. For any Atheist or anyone questioning thier faith, this is a great book to keep handy. Don't let the title of this one scare you off, The Atheist bible is humorous, inspiring and just plain insightful.

Will

The Atheist Bible:
"God isn't real. The end."

I'll be sure to check that out, though.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

shoruke

I haven't seen the book, and don't know what it's like content-wise, but wouldn't having a bible make atheism... you know... worse? I thought we were free-thinkers, not book-following-thinkers like the theists.

Although, I can respect a good comedy and it's probably a good book anyway =D
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Whitney

Doesn't "bible" mean collection of books?

Anyway, sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out sometime.

izult

bible does indeed mean book.  it's from the word biblios if i remember right.

I've got a few books in my "athiest bible" collection.  Brief history of time, Science as a Candle in the Dark, The god delusion... i keep adding to my collection so i'll have to check this one out!

SteveS

If bible is "collection of books", I'd say no atheist bible can be complete with out Atheism: The Case Against God by George H. Smith.  I personally count this as one of the best books I've ever read.

Sagan's Demon Haunted World (the one izult listed as "Science as a Candle in the Dark", same book) is also a necessity.