News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on January 20, 2018, 08:02:34 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2018, 07:59:33 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 16, 2018, 07:44:03 PM
Best of luck, Bruce! Keep us updated. :smilenod:

Oh well, I didn't get the position.  They want a physician (even though I've been doing the job for 3 1/2 years).  It's only a minor disappointment, as I've got a good position already, and the company is doing well, so I'll probably get a nice bonus in the fall.  C'est la vie and que sera', sera'.

All  part of God's plan. I wouldn't worry :D

I'm not.  Thanks for the thought.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dave on January 20, 2018, 08:04:49 PM

Oh well, I didn't get the position.  They want a physician (even though I've been doing the job for 3 1/2 years).  It's only a minor disappointment, as I've got a good position already, and the company is doing well, so I'll probably get a nice bonus in the fall.  C'est la vie and que sera', sera'.

Oh, well, buckle up and bang on towards the next opportunity. My philosophy was alwsys that if they know you are seeking advancement chances are you will be ranked higher next time!

Probably true.

Magdalena

I found this user name on the internet, I like it.  :notsure:
JeezusKriestSooperstarr669.
~Jeezt Stoopendoos.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

That sucks, but maybe a better opportunity will present itself in the future. :smilenod:

You said they wanted a physician...perhaps they have some sort of quota they need to fill? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Either I'm dying or have man flu.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Or the rare but equally frightening dying man flu.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ecurb Noselrub

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if I got a job at local bank. I made it to the top four and the suspense is killing me.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on January 30, 2018, 09:14:36 PM
I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if I got a job at local bank. I made it to the top four and the suspense is killing me.
Good Luck!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on January 30, 2018, 09:14:36 PM

Fingers crossed for you, Buds!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Thanks guys! I have a phone interview with another bank on Thursday but I kinda hope I get this first one more because it is closer to home. I was doing some math and with the wages I would get from either bank I would be able to trade my car in for a newer one by the end of the year so fingers are crossed!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey