News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

phone application

Started by JuggernautJon, March 17, 2011, 05:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuggernautJon

I'm not sure if this is a dead horse or not, but I'd like to know anyhow. Would any of our incredibly bright, technology savvy free thinkers know how to make a HAF app for your phone? Or if its even possible? I have a blackberry bold and I spend my forum time on said phone.
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Will

Yes, it's possible. There's something called Forum Runner, which I believe is compatible with the iPhone and Android. Blackberry and Windows Mobile support are forthcoming. The thing is, while it's free for us to install on HAF, the app costs $1.99 if you want to post, view images, etc. It's a one-time cost, but people are used to this being a free forum.

I'll tell you what, if there's enough interest for this, I'll see what I can do.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

One or two people already asked for this (which isn't much compared to how many haf people have smart phones)...with the board already having some issues I don't feel comfortable installing 3rd party software for which I can't get any support from phpbb.

I also have a blackberry bold and am able to navigate the forum on it; you can't see the quote buttons on the screen fro some reason but clicking where they usually are still works.

JuggernautJon

Yeah I understand the desire to not overload the board. My blackberry is less forgiving to me, unfortunately. It hardly loads the pages a lot of times, cutting the thread in half, thus rendering it impossible to see a potential reply to a comment I may have made, or vice versa. I can still enjoy a lot of other aspects about the HAF, so I should probably take this dress off and end this tea party...in other words, be happy for what I am able to see. Smart phones not being very smart. Go figure haha
I come from the water

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.