News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

The Seven Deadly Sins

Started by Stevil, February 27, 2011, 09:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

How many of the Seven Deadly Sins does the Christian god commit?

Pride - "saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was VERY GOOD" (Genesis 1:31).
Wrath - "John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?" (Luke 3:7)
Envy - "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God" (Exodus 20:4-5)

Asmodean

Their god is a tyrant and, as such, is probably considered above even his own laws.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

SSY

Sloth- Sunday is a day of rest.
Gluttony- They eat their own savior
Avarice-Church tithes
Lust they appear to be good on, assuming we dismiss the behavior of many priests as aberrant.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Stevil

Acedia - "The LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.” (Job 1:8)

Gluttony - http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/3582