News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Court

Update: My dog ate all the frogs in our pool. It was disgusting.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

bad dog

~Jonathan~

I have two cats and they're in charge  :D

Whitney

A RAT and a CAT in a tin foil hat.

Woody

A toy poodle called Benny (see Gallery).  

He lived in Montana for most of his life but emigrated to England, with my wife.  I doubt he realises how far away he is from his original home.  We talk to him about crossing North America and the Atlantic now and then, but he just looks at us with a puzzled expression.  :roll:

Erinos

I've got 2 dogs. One is a Lab/Collie mix named Abby, and the other is a German Short Haired Pointer (Mouthfull) named Duke. I've got some pictures of Abby around here somewhere. I'll post them when I get off work if I can find them.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

MySpace

Pharaoh Cat

So who are the cat lovers on this forum?  8)

Do you have a cat?  More than one?  Boy or girl?  Name?  How old?

I have an eight month old girl named Boots.  In the pic she was six months old.

Any unusual behaviors?

Boots plays fetch.  I throw things, she runs like lightning to get them and then brings them back to me so I can throw them again.  :)

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

Two little doggies for me :)

Katie

Sally

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 07:42:33 PM

Katie

Sally

Katie is cute!  Say, is Sally a pharaoh hound? 
"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on November 18, 2011, 08:09:18 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 07:42:33 PM

Katie

Sally

Katie is cute!  Say, is Sally a pharaoh hound? 

Sally is a miniature Jack Russell. She does have a classic look about her though.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Rats good. Cats evil. Yup.

Well, the opposite, really, because Asmodean's rats, they are evil and the only cats Asmodean ever met were good. But then, he likes evil, Asmodean does. Even more than he does refering to himself in third person.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Stevil

Our cat was quite smart. He could unlatch a window and push it open.

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on November 18, 2011, 10:21:33 PM
Our cat was quite smart. He could unlatch a window and push it open.
Cat burglar?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on November 18, 2011, 09:19:18 PM
Rats good. Cats evil. Yup.

Rats should probably fear Sally more than cats.
How about the evil rat eating serpent?
It can be hard knowing where to lay your loyalty.

Anyway I live in what should be a cat free continent.
Keeping an animal for company, feeding it animals killed elsewhere,
clearing away the natives it kills for sport, it seems wrong.

DeterminedJuliet

I am definitely a cat person! I have two boys

This is Ollie. He's a ticked tabby and I think he's the best. He was on death row in our clinic (we used to euthanize animals for the SPCA) and one of the girlies rescued him because he was so handsome. She fostered him for a little while, and then, once I started working at the hospital, I adopted him.

He has a seizure disorder, so he needs phenobarb twice a day, and semi-annual bloodwork, but he's worth it (the meds can make him act a little "tipsy", though) . He's "my" boy and gives me cuddles every night before I go to bed. I call him our "gentleman cat", because that's exactly what he's like. He usually hides from strangers and is a very good judge of character.

This is Rocky. He was a barn cat that I adopted a five years ago and was the first "real" pet I've ever owned on my own. He's kind of a douchebag, but I love him. He's "alpha-cat" and has a love-hate relationship with my husband - he only ever really gives my husband cuddles, but he also ambushes my husband's ankles from time to time. He pretty much ignores me.

He's not afraid of anyone, and will usually run right up to someone and say hello if they come in. He knows that our son is "special" though, so he's pretty tolerant of his toddler ways. When people say that cats are planning to take over the world, Rocky is definitely in on this plan.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.