News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's with all these Zodiac signs?

Started by tigerlily46514, August 11, 2007, 08:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerlily46514

Why does this website promote the weird pseudo science of astrology by posting everyone's zodiac sign?
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

rlrose328

I find astrology to be a giggle... it doesn't bother me at all to see my sign.  It's the same for me as reading a fortune cookie.  I don't at all see it as a true future-telling fortune, but it's fun to read them and see those that coincidentally fit.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

I don't know how to remove it.

Squid

Quote from: "tigerlily46514"Why does this website promote the weird pseudo science of astrology by posting everyone's zodiac sign?

It comes as part of the software.

tigerlily46514

AH!!!  that explains it!!!!  thanks for the info!!!   I wondered, cuz it is a website that obviously enjoys truth, science, and reality.  The zodiacs didn't fit.  But now i understand!!!!!!

I DO LOVE THIS WEBSITE THO!!  Really nice set up!  It musta been a LOTTA WORK to set up!!!!  Does this cost you money to run it?

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."

Whitney

It costs less than buying one sandwich at a fast food place a month....so not really.

Eclecticsaturn

i dont know but did you guys hear about Richard dawkins new videos that talk about that kind of stuff? from what ive seen its gunna be good.

tigerlily46514

a vid talking about astrology?  is that what you mean?

~jean

Ninja Donkey

I had an astronomy professor who did a project during one lecture where he disproved astrology.  Apparently, he does it with all his classes and is gathering the data so he can publish it.
"Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just god when he's drunk" - Tom Waits

Whitney

btw, if anyone has suggestions with what i can replace the astrology signs with I can do that.  I just don't know where the code is to keep them from displaying.

Maybe I could make them a plain block or little atheist symbol.

Eclecticsaturn

ya heres a funny astrology video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haP7Ys9ocTk

theres another video that richard dawkin talks about astrology, phycics, dowsing rods, stuff like that. ill open another post for that one though.

laetusatheos: dont trip about the astrology stuff though, its not even a big deal. I forget they are even there.

tigerlily46514

I like the idea of the little atheist symbol, Laes.  But it's probably a lot of work to accomplish.

Cute enuff video, Electric!!  I'm always stunned people buy into astrology, but it is about as feasible as religion....so i guess i shouldn't be so surprized....

~jean

Whitney

It wouldn't be hard if I had my file transfre software and photoshop installed on this computer....I'll have to remember to do that when I have the other one up and running (ie, putting my hard drive in this lap top since my computer is messed up).  I don't think it would take me more than 1 hour to change all of them, less if I use the same image for all the files (proably will make each one a different color so there is still a correlation to the person's birthdate/year)

Hmm, maybe I can figure out how to change the code so that someone can enter atheist or theist in their profile and it will show there.  I know it can be done....err, maybe this winter.

SteveS

Zodiac symbols, eh, machts nicht to me.  I really like the Chinese zodiac symbols, though.  They're cute, aren't they?

McQ

Quote from: "SteveS"Zodiac symbols, eh, machts nicht to me.  I really like the Chinese zodiac symbols, though.  They're cute, aren't they?

Oh yeah. Real cute! Especially if you're an Ox, like moi!

:lol:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette