News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Started by JoeBobSmith, February 06, 2011, 11:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeBobSmith

:verysad:
JoeBobSmith

LegendarySandwich

Eighteen seems like it's a little high of a number. Maybe sixteen? I mean, isn't that when a lot of kids want to have one? If they can't get one legally, then they'll go somewhere where they serve minors, which are usually more dangerous. Of course, I could be talking out of my ass here.

As for gun rights...a sanity check and mandatory gun training course don't seem too unreasonable, I suppose.

Cecilie

I bet if 16 year olds were allowed to get tattoos, most of them would regret it later.
The world's what you create.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Cecilie"I bet if 16 year olds were allowed to get tattoos, most of them would regret it later.
Possibly, but teenagers later regret a lot of stupid decisions they have made. Should we make it illegal for them to do stupid things they might later regret?

Cecilie

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "Cecilie"I bet if 16 year olds were allowed to get tattoos, most of them would regret it later.
Possibly, but teenagers later regret a lot of stupid decisions they have made. Should we make it illegal for them to do stupid things they might later regret?
Tattoos are permanent though.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Tattoos are permanent though.
So? There are plenty of other permanent mistakes that teenagers can and do make often, which ties into my first point. And what about laser tattoo removal? I've heard it's expensive and painful, but it's possible.

Cecilie

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"So? There are plenty of other permanent mistakes that teenagers can and do make often, which ties into my first point. And what about laser tattoo removal? I've heard it's expensive and painful, but it's possible.
Is getting a tattoo really that important that they can't wait two years?

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"So? There are plenty of other permanent mistakes that teenagers can and do make often, which ties into my first point. And what about laser tattoo removal? I've heard it's expensive and painful, but it's possible.
You're missing the point. What I'm saying is that they'll want to get a tattoo anyways, and then they'll go to shoddy, second-rate tattoo parlors that could possibly be dangerous.

Cecilie

You're missing the point. What I'm saying is that they'll want to get a tattoo anyways, and then they'll go to shoddy, second-rate tattoo parlors that could possibly be dangerous.
Why not make it 14 while we're at it?

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Cecilie"Why not make it 14 while we're at it?
Hey, that's a great idea! Since I want to get a tattoo so bad right now, and I base all of my political arguments and ideas off of my current age.

Cecilie

Hey, that's a great idea! Since I want to get a tattoo so bad right now, and I base all of my political arguments and ideas off of my current age.
I'm not sure I get what you mean.

LegendarySandwich

I'm not sure I get what you mean.
It was sarcasm. I interpreted that as you meaning that you thought I just think the way I do about this issue because I want to get a tattoo, or something like that. If you didn't, I apologize.

I just feel that sixteen is a more appropriate age -- mostly because I assume that's the age when most teenagers want to get a tattoo.

Cecilie

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"It was sarcasm. I interpreted that as you meaning that you thought I just think the way I do about this issue because I want to get a tattoo, or something like that. If you didn't, I apologize.

I just feel that sixteen is a more appropriate age -- mostly because I assume that's the age when most teenagers want to get a tattoo.
Yes, I know it was sarcasm. And no, I didn't think that.

And I disagree with letting 16 year olds getting a tattoo. Now, I don't want to use your age against you, but I know that when I was 14 I thought 16 year olds seemed pretty grown up. I found out, they're not. At all.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"It was sarcasm. I interpreted that as you meaning that you thought I just think the way I do about this issue because I want to get a tattoo, or something like that. If you didn't, I apologize.

And I disagree with letting 16 year olds getting a tattoo. Now, I don't want to use your age against you, but I know that when I was 14 I thought 16 year olds seemed pretty grown up. I found out, they're not. At all.
I know they're not. But eighteen year olds aren't really that "grown-up" either.

Cecilie

I know they're not. But eighteen year olds aren't really that "grown-up" either.
Nope.