News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Louis Theroux: The Ultra Zionists

Started by Tank, February 04, 2011, 04:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

This aired on the BBC last night. Louise Theroux makes very interesting documentaries by generally being quite non-judgemental about his subjects, he lets them show their true selves quite effectively. This is a most depressing documentary. It just shows how extreme theistic views lead to intolerance, violence and sometimes death.

[youtube:3vrjdads]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTszskhUrd0[/youtube:3vrjdads]
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dretlin

With people like the man Louis spent much of his time with, their will mostly likely never be peace in the West Bank.

I remember at the end when Louis was interviewing the boy who is Squatting on top of the hill, Louis admits to being an Atheist - I never knew he was! That was one of the few bits of good news.

Tank

I find it difficult to see how people with such long memories and diametrically opposed ideas can live together peacefully if a small minority are prepared to support their ideas with violence. As long as people put ideas before the well being of others then humanity is doomed to strife.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SSY

Watching that deeply depressed me, there isn't going to be peace there for a long time I imagine.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Dretlin

Quote from: "SSY"Watching that deeply depressed me, there isn't going to be peace there for a long time I imagine.

I run the risk of misquoting and I will try to recall anyway - I believe it was an American General who said something like:

"Until both sides realise they are always going to be living beside each other, they're will never be peace."