News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2017, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 04:35:23 PM
Just a simple smoked Kania ham sarnie with a little garnish . . .

That looks ...colourful. :grin:

Ah, colour is so important in food. I know smell is the most important "eating sense" but food should stimulate all possible senses (though hearing is a difficult one, we usually have to settle for music or, my favourite, the hubbub of a popular eatery  :) !)  The above has the odour of the smoked ham, sweetness, heat plus soft and crisp textures
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 09:54:35 PM
Ah, colour is so important in food. I know smell is the most important "eating sense" but food should stimulate all possible senses (though hearing is a difficult one, we usually have to settle for music or, my favourite, the hubbub of a popular eatery  :) !)  The above has the odour of the smoked ham, sweetness, heat plus soft and crisp textures

I agree that colour is important! Can you imagine what it would be like if you suddenly only saw black, white and shades of gray? I'd imagine it would be difficult to eat a slice of a gray tomato (I love tomato) as it would look like something going stale. Or gray ham.  :bleh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 13, 2017, 11:11:37 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 09:54:35 PM

I agree that colour is important! Can you imagine what it would be like if you suddenly only saw black, white and shades of gray? I'd imagine it would be difficult to eat a slice of a gray tomato (I love tomato) as it would look like something going stale. Or gray ham.  :bleh:

One of my favourite salad things was doing chemistry on "red" cabbage. It is like litmus paper, treating it with acids and alkalis (lemon or lime juice, baking soda etc), some times on their own or acid-to-alkali and reverse, can give you blue, orange, a real red etc. Effects very per the actual cabbage. If you wash it after, the taste does not linger.

A bowl of multi-coloured cabbage gets people's interest!

There was once food scientist (read this in the Readers' Digest) who experimented with odd food colouring, IIRC blue was the least favourite, most of the others occur in nature. But, yeah, shades of grey are boring (so are the books!)

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 13, 2017, 08:14:55 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 13, 2017, 07:55:23 PM
:puke:

(Second row, 9th from right)

Thank you kind sir, don't know how I missed that.... :puke: :bleh:

Um, maybe there are possibly too many emojis?

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Frozen margarita pizza (not frozen though, obviously :P ). Almost burnt it in the oven...almost.

At least the frozen tomatoes didn't make the pizza soggy this time.

Arturo

Some fish. Probably some chicken after and some salad at some point definitely.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Just a snack to go with my vino, toasted olive bread with garlic butter, cheddar cheese etc.

(I seem to have a thing about olives and sweet chillis these days.)

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2017, 06:23:55 PM

:snicker:

I don't like either, even if they are colourful.  :rainbowpuke:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 23, 2017, 07:00:14 AM
Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2017, 06:23:55 PM

:snicker:

I don't like either, even if they are colourful.  :rainbowpuke:

I'm waiting for someone to do some GM between chillis and tomatoes to produce a hot tomato!  :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Arturo

Sounds delicious Dave.

I blended a drink yesterday that came out surprisingly well. Usually I have a lot if sugar in my drinks or sugar substitute. This drink was comprised of tap water, spinich, nuts, seeds, cucumber, and squeezed lemon (because I can't blend a lemon and still have it taste good).

And at first taste I was amazed. It wasn't as sugary as my other drinks but all those things put together really added a nice crisp cool flavor. It was almost like drinking bottled water but a little more flavorful.

The only con is that it looks terrible, especially when it settles.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Had this yesterday. Didn't taste bad but the mango flavored candy was too much sugar.

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave