News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I'm here now :D

Started by momewrath, January 15, 2011, 05:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momewrath

I have been an atheist since I was 12 years old, despite being raised a Catholic. I decided to join an atheist forum mostly because I've been bored on the internet and looking for good discussion, and because I just had my first child and it's becoming very difficult dealing with my husband's and my own religious families. I need to talk to other atheists so I can better articulate my beliefs and stick up for what I know is right!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and I hope we have good times. Cheers.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, momewrath.  Congratulations on your new child!

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Recusant"Hello and welcome to HAF, momewrath.  Congratulations on your new child!

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

Aren't you going to offer momewrath a cigar?

Hello momewrath

Tank

Quote from: "momewrath"I have been an atheist since I was 12 years old, despite being raised a Catholic. I decided to join an atheist forum mostly because I've been bored on the internet and looking for good discussion, and because I just had my first child and it's becoming very difficult dealing with my husband's and my own religious families. I need to talk to other atheists so I can better articulate my beliefs and stick up for what I know is right!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and I hope we have good times. Cheers.
Hi momewrath

Congratulations on your first child. I became a Granddad for the first time in late November so I'm a generation ahead of you  :D  Neither I nor my wife have any theistic inclinations, neither do any of our three kids so they aren't going to get the 'When is he going to be Christend?' lecture. In fact all three of my kids are in serious long term physical relationships and none of them are married either.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. This place can get quite deep or be as trivial as you like, it's all good here.

Welcome to Happy Atheists!

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.