News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

"Wedding" Pics

Started by Whitney, July 20, 2007, 03:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Here's a few pics from after the recpeption and honeymoon...sorry, not posting any of the "fun" pictures :)

SteveS

Nice pics, laetusatheos.  Looks like a fun time --- that shot from the bar is making me thirsty.....

Welcome back!

McQ

Nice! Thanks for sharing the pics. All smiles and fun! And SteveS said exactly what I was thinking when I saw the bar photo. Mmmmmm.....beer!

Glad you're back!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Thanks for sharing the pics.  Congrats to the happy couple!

What's with the dude in the t-shirt? (in the bar pic)  Everyone else is dressed up for the occasion...did he wander in off the street?

Tom62

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Whitney

Quote from: "MommaSquid"What's with the dude in the t-shirt? (in the bar pic)  Everyone else is dressed up for the occasion...did he wander in off the street?

That's my sister's bf/x (whatever he really is at the moment) he and that guy sitting across from him were not actually in the wedding so they didn't dress up as much.  I don't know if he showed up to the wedding in the t-shirt, I was too busy to notice.

Squid

Congratulations on gettin' hitched.

It's weird - this year seems to be having a rash of marriages, pregnancies and births of the people I know.  I actually realized that I'm the only one of my friends who is still single - that makes it hard to round up the troops for a night out.

Anyway, I'm rambling...

Whitney

Btw, we had a christian minister for the wedding because I couldn't find a humanist celebrant that was autorized to work in oklahoma and my dad didn't tell me a notary could perform the ceremony till after I hired the miniser.  Anyway, just before the wedding I couldn't breathe very well because I was a bit on edge since we were running late and the minister asked if I wanted to pray with him (this was after I had already explained to him that Brian and I were not religious at all).  I said no.  He asked If I was sure and I said yes.  He had this surprised look on his face then said maybe later and left. (I especially wasn't too happy since my aunt and sister were in the room and I didn't want to have to discuss religion with my aunt....thankfully she ignored it or didn't hear...my sister already knows how I feel about religion) Then when he performed the ceremony he added things like "you know that's very Biblical?" when he came across a few parts that commonalities with christian views of love/marriage. (we wrote our own ceremony) He wasn't talking very loud either so I think we were the only ones that heard him.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "laetusatheos"...Then when he performed the ceremony he added things like "you know that's very Biblical?" when he came across a few parts that commonalities with christian views of love/marriage... He wasn't talking very loud either so I think we were the only ones that heard him.

Cough Coughassholecough cough.

Pardon me.

:D

Hubby and I had a justice of the peace perform our wedding, and he whispered to us, "Last chance to change your mind", or something to that effect.  If it's not one thing it's another.

Hopefully neither you nor I will have to get married ever again.  One wedding is stressful enough  (don't you think?).

You may now commence with wedded bliss!

SteveS

I got married by a judge, but it was nice, in a chapel and all.  He said a few generically religious things, but I don't even remember them.  It really wasn't very offensive to me, and since so much of the family that was in attendance is actually religious, well, I figured that's fine.

tacoma_kyle

So who's ganna sleep on the couch first?! haha

Just playin. But congratulations!
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Big Mac

Congrats! May your new life together be joyous and long.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Whitney

Thanks Big Mac...where the hell have you been? :)