News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

It's Fun to Apply Economic Pressure

Started by Recusant, December 08, 2010, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, sounds like a jolly fellow.  He's preached on the topic of "Why Gay Is Not O.K." and has made at least one statement to the effect that "Islam is an evil religion." Now he's announced the launch of something called "Grinch Alert," a website which allows people to post the names of businesses that have failed to put up Christmas ("Holiday" is absolutely unacceptable) decorations.  True believers can check the site to find out where not to shop. "Too many businesses have bowed down to political correctness," Jeffress said. "I thought this would be a fun way to call out businesses that are refusing to celebrate Christmas... We meant this as a fun campaign," he said. "This is not a ham-fisted approach to coerce people. It's simply a way to remind people that this is a special holiday."  As usual, Tom Lehrer was right; what makes Christmas special is the spending of money. But only at the right places.  Are you a Jewish or Hindu or Buddhist or Muslim or Confucian or non-theist business owner? Well you better put up Christmas decorations if you want good Christians to shop at your store.  This is a war after all, and God is only on one side! What a fun and clever idea. :|

Robert Jeffress's quotes taken from this story at kansascity.com.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Will

Apparently, the Fox News online store put up a "Happy Holidays" thing and now there's a big conservative kerfuffle (then again, when isn't there a conservative kerfuffle?). I suggest submitting Fox News because anything that drives a wedge between politics and religion makes for a merry Christmas for American atheists.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

LARA

Fun, indeed.  :|

I really like the Yuletide season and would really prefer it if kooks wouldn't use it to ostracize minority viewpoints.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

Recusant

Quote from: "Will"Apparently, the Fox News online store put up a "Happy Holidays" thing and now there's a big conservative kerfuffle (then again, when isn't there a conservative kerfuffle?).
Indeed, ever since President Obama was elected, the baseline mode at Fox News has been barely controlled (and in the case of certain buffoons, uncontrolled) outrage.  They do like their righteous anger, don't they?

Quote from: "Will"I suggest submitting Fox News because anything that drives a wedge between politics and religion makes for a merry Christmas for American atheists.
The online store as of now is still displaying a "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" greeting.  Excellent suggestion noted and acted upon.  I encourage others to do the same; report the Fox News Shop website for having an un-American and un-Christian attitude toward Christmas. I tried not to lay it on too thickly; just a right-thinking American who wants Christmas to be Christmas.
(Link to Grinch Alert.} lol
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sophus

Quote from: "Recusant"The online store as of now is still displaying a "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" greeting.  Excellent suggestion noted and acted upon.  I encourage others to do the same; report the Fox News Shop website for having an un-American and un-Christian attitude toward Christmas. I tried not to lay it on too thickly; just a right-thinking American who wants Christmas to be Christmas.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Whitney

This is from my area!  Zach Moore quoted in the article is one of my friends.  I have already done most of my holiday shopping but am going to look at the naughty list and see if I can go to those stores when I need to buy stuff.

Whitney

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Recusant"The online store as of now is still displaying a "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" greeting.  Excellent suggestion noted and acted upon.  I encourage others to do the same; report the Fox News Shop website for having an un-American and un-Christian attitude toward Christmas. I tried not to lay it on too thickly; just a right-thinking American who wants Christmas to be Christmas.
submitted.

Please also submit the church as naughty (using a different email if possible).