News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I'm a happy atheist too :P

Started by trexshinigami, November 05, 2010, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trexshinigami

Hi!  I am a grad student from New York and I was studying late last night when I happened upon this forum.  Im so happy to find great people like me!  I feel very isolated sometimes so Im happy there is a spot online where I don't have to feel that way.  

I was agnostic for a long time but in the past 2 years or so I've become emphatically atheist and it feels amazing.  I have never felt better actually :D

Likes: Video games, learning, programming java and now im learning ruby (altho its just a hobby), anime, dinosaurs, fringe the tv show, and science.  LOL im 28 yrs old..

Dislikes: Christian music and anyone who is even remotely against gay rights or abortion

Thanks for being here!

ox

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: "trexshinigami"Hi!
Dislikes: Christian music and anyone who is even remotely against gay rights or abortion
Hi.  I like Christian music and side for gay rights and am pro choice.

Welcome...although I'm a noob here too.  :)

The Magic Pudding

Welcome and congratulations, here's your free complimentary wombat.

wildfire_emissary

Howdy! I like the wombat the Pudding gave you.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

trexshinigami

Cycel

Quote from: "trexshinigami"I was agnostic for a long time but in the past 2 years or so I've become emphatically atheist and it feels amazing.  I have never felt better actually :D
Hi trexshinigami,
Recently I read Godless: How an Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists, and Losing My Religion: How I Lost My Faith Reporting on Religion in America -- and Found Unexpected Peace.  Both authors, Barker and Lobdell, echo your sentiment and declared feeling more at peace and happier after becoming atheists.  I wonder how common this experience is?  I also wonder if those moving in the opposite direction have similar feelings?

Welcome.

trexshinigami

Thanks for the book recs!  Im gonna check them out when im on break from school.