News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Fossils of new species of horned dinos found in Utah

Started by Tank, September 23, 2010, 08:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Fossils of new species of horned dinos found in Utah

QuoteScientists have unearthed two new species of giant plant-eating horned dinosaurs in southern Utah, US.

The creatures lived on the "lost continent" of Laramidia in the Late Cretaceous period, some 68 to 99 million years ago.

Laramidia was formed when a shallow sea flooded part of what is now North America and separated the eastern from the western parts...

Another species that couldn't get to the Arc in time  :sigh:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

tymygy

Good article, Thanks for sharing :D

I love new discoveries. I can only imagine the knowledge that will be accumulated in the next hundred years because of these kinds of fossils finds.

And, sucks for him. I'm sure him and his other horned friends would've loved the arc..
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Tank"I think his fringe is quite endearing.

Ye, but he needs a little something.
How about some purple to accentuate his yellow highlights?

Tank

Amazing Horned Dinosaurs Unearthed on 'Lost Continent'; New Discoveries Include Bizarre Beast With 15 Horns

QuoteScienceDaily (Sep. 22, 2010) â€" Two remarkable new species of horned dinosaurs have been found in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, southern Utah. The giant plant-eaters were inhabitants of the "lost continent" of Laramidia, formed when a shallow sea flooded the central region of North America, isolating the eastern and western portions of the continent for millions of years during the Late Cretaceous Period...

Another report on these 'wee beasties'  :D

KDbeads

Quote from: "Tank"

Oooh cooool.... the great horny toad predecessor.   lol
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams