News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 01, 2017, 02:39:53 AM
That's great, Arturo! Brainhq as in brain exercises? Sounds very interesting! :smilenod:

I would be very interested to read how it goes :grin:

Brainhq is a website they are using to see if they help patients with psychosis. So yes brain exercises but they are more like computer games. Regular people can use the website as well.

They use nonsense syllable in the games or weird sounds. They keep track of your rank and I am currently at the 75th percentile lol. I am improving though, but only against myself. My percentile keeps getting worse lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 31, 2017, 11:49:25 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 31, 2017, 07:13:45 PM
I just got off the phone with my advisor, who was discussing my Master's project with me. There's a good chance I'll be working in a hospital memory lab with human subjects!  :jumps: :badger:

That is fantastic and fascinating.  All fingers crossed for you.

Yes! Ditto here!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

My son's wedding reception. He's wearing traditional Vietnamese apparel.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Great picture!

Xin chúc mừng đám cưới. Trăm năm hạnh phúc
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on September 03, 2017, 12:25:21 PM
Great picture!

I cannot fault your Klingon. Well done!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 03, 2017, 02:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on September 03, 2017, 12:25:21 PM
Great picture!

I cannot fault your Klingon. Well done!

No, no, in Klingon it would be (nearest) "majQa' qaSDI', DamuSHa'chugh" and "chaq 100 DIS SuQam"

Icarus

Essie Mae

'''Tis the season to be silly ......Following silly season story about a woman denied her place on a plane because her bag was half an inch too big for the cabin and she couldn't afford the charge to put it in the hold until she was paid the next day, I was worried that if I stuffed my case too much, the airline would insist on charging me to put it in the hold. Consequently I boarded my plane to Inverness, (Scotland), this morning with bulging pockets of phone chargers, toothbrush, Kindle, diary and toiurist books etc. I looked like one of those dodgy salesmen you used to see in old films who open their coats to reveal al sorts of contraband for sale. The rule was one cabin bag only, but loads of other people got on with one large and one small cabin bag. It was all worth it though; we had a stunning sunny drive from Inverness along Loch Ness, (no I didn't see it), to the Isle of Skye where we are staying until Friday. Forecast terrible but you don't come here for the sun - that's a bonus if it does shine.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

QuoteIt was all worth it though; we had a stunning sunny drive from Inverness along Loch Ness, (no I didn't see it), to the Isle of Skye where we are staying until Friday. Forecast terrible but you don't come here for the sun - that's a bonus if it does shine.

Lovely drive, Essie, envious I am! Seen and loved it in all weathers.

Last time on it I got stuck behind a little old lady who went like a dingbat on any half straight bit and then slowed to about 10mph on most of the bends! We stopped for a rest asap and let her get miles ahead.

Essie Mae

Another glorious day on the Isle of Skye. A few minor showers between lots of sunny, if windy spells spent looking for the dinosaur footprints at Staffin. Unfortunately they were covered in a wide area of hard, damp sand and no-one of the many people who had gone to look for them at low tide could find them. I'm not surprised that 'Lonely Planet' readers voted Scotland the most beautiful place on earth, it really is staggeringly, dramatically endlessly lovely with a new and beautiful view round every corner.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 05, 2017, 10:35:58 PM
Another glorious day on the Isle of Skye. A few minor showers between lots of sunny, if windy spells spent looking for the dinosaur footprints at Staffin. Unfortunately they were covered in a wide area of hard, damp sand and no-one of the many people who had gone to look for them at low tide could find them. I'm not surprised that 'Lonely Planet' readers voted Scotland the most beautiful place on earth, it really is staggeringly, dramatically endlessly lovely with a new and beautiful view round every corner.

I would love to visit the Scottish highlands, the scenery looks stunning.  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

So today I went to visit the hospital facilities in which I will hopefully carry out my master's project with human subjects. For a public university hospital it doesn't look precarious. Brand new building, not a smudge on the walls to be found.

It could go two ways: I could work with adolescents (aged 18-20) or women in the perimenopausal phase (about 45-55 years old), the latter being a subpopulation who frequently report a decline in memory functions. These cohorts will be ready to be tested early next year. If I could choose, I'd go for the adolescent cohort because I have some more knowledge on that age group than on older women. Either way, I'm very happy and especially grateful for the opportunity. :grin:

Icarus

I am proud of you Silver. You go girl!

xSilverPhinx

Thank you Icarus! :grin: I'm feeling very happy. :grin:

Dave