Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

If evolution is true...

Started by TomThumb, June 15, 2010, 10:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cite134

Quote from: "TomThumb"Why haven't monarch butterflies changed?

The fossil record dates monarch butterflies back at least 6 million years, but they are no different than the monarch butterflies of today. Did evolution miss them? Does this prove evolution is flawed theory, like the theory of relativity?

The theory of relativity is flawed? how?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

KDbeads

Yeah, he couldn't give us anything.  The only thing I can find is on conservipedia which is so bias and flawed it's ridiculous, they only cite themselves on the little BS article they put up and totally don't get that relativity in scientific terms has a different definition than what they say it means.  It still amazes me that people are still so gullible and close-minded.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

JoElite

Quote from: "TomThumb"Why haven't monarch butterflies changed?

The fossil record dates monarch butterflies back at least 6 million years, but they are no different than the monarch butterflies of today. Did evolution miss them? Does this prove evolution is flawed theory, like the theory of relativity?
GREAT we got the statement that the monarch butterfly has been around for 6 million years, meaning that YOU have to accept that the earth is MUCH older then 6.000 years old, which is interesting.
LETS say that this theory of yours is correct, you cant deny ALL the other fossils that points to evolution and then Accept the only one that you find to your advantage, this is called close-minded, when science disproves your worldview you dont listen to facts, but when it sorta goes against evolution you VERY gladly accept it, seems to me as you dont want to learn, i cant even grasp how brainwashed someone has to be to not wanting to learn..  
And ok ill try to explain this also, if it is true.. you see, lets take humans as an example... IF we were to only allow white humans reproduce with white humans, and black humans to reproduce with black humans, THEN we would devide into two different species after some millions of years, BUT, as i suspect that this butterfly species has done, if we mix blacks and whites we get ONE species, a light brown sorta human, which will eliminates different appearance, and still they would look very much the same as we do right now, That is probably what happened... Also dont be so scared of learning mate..
It's easier to be born again than to grow up!

JoElite

Yeah!

And what about sharks, hmmmm????

... And if we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?!?!?!

... and if the Grande Mochachino Double-Decaf Half-Off Latte evolved from Dry Roast, then WHERE IS JUAN VALDEZ?!?!?

Take THAT, Logic Peoples!

(I'm being facitious - ie. Full of Feces...)

:pop:  :brick:[/quote]
Again!, This just shows how ignorant ( no offence ) most creationists are about evolution... THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD LOL!
NO modern animal evolved from another modern animal, Humans were never monkeys, monkeys were never humans..
We have a common ancestor, PLEASE the most basic knowledge of evolution should be obvious for someone with Gods ''holy inspiration'' -.-   However i wouldve done the same mistake if i didnt know anything about evolution, it was a very well thought out argument, but stupid since it was a straw-man, if you study evolution youll find that there are no flaws.. scientists have OVEr and OVer again searched for flaws, but sinc3e they cant find any, and since the evidence are over whelming, it is a fact now adays..
It's easier to be born again than to grow up!

pinkocommie

joeactor was kidding, being a caricature of a creationist if you will.  :(
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Ellainix

Quote from: "TomThumb"Please note that the Theory of Relativity is based on the assumption the Sun is a solid mass, something which we now know is not true.

Brain hurts.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

GAYtheist

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I very probably am.

Doesn't evolution work in the way, while not having a goal, of not doing anything it doesn't need to do.

I.E. why would the Monarch change? What environmental reasons would there be for it to? It will work to, not remove, but...is incapacitate a good word?...things that aren't necessary anymore, like our appendix or our third eyelid.

Female ducks, I believe evolved their coloring to hide while with the nest.  

I guess what I am saying, is that there hasn't been a reason for the monarch to evolve past its current state, to date.

Do I have this idea wrong? If so tell me.

John
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Tank

Evolution is a dynamic balance between an organism and its environment, which includes its fellow organism of its own species, its competitor species and those species that use resources or create resources. Consider a relatively constant environment. The selection pressures in the stable environment are low and tend to promote a stable population. One example would be the living fossil the Coelacanth which has lived in a virtually constant environment for millions of years. Has it evolved? Yes it has. It still has the mutations that are a natural part of existance and the variations brought about by these variations. The thing is this organism is virtually perfectly adapted to its environment which doesn't change so it doesn't either the mutations are virtually all deleterious or neutral so die out or remain dormant.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Squid

Quote from: "GAYtheist"Correct me if I'm wrong, because I very probably am.

Doesn't evolution work in the way, while not having a goal, of not doing anything it doesn't need to do.

I.E. why would the Monarch change? What environmental reasons would there be for it to? It will work to, not remove, but...is incapacitate a good word?...things that aren't necessary anymore, like our appendix or our third eyelid.

Female ducks, I believe evolved their coloring to hide while with the nest.  

I guess what I am saying, is that there hasn't been a reason for the monarch to evolve past its current state, to date.

Do I have this idea wrong? If so tell me.

John

You're probably thinking about stabilizing selection.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "Squid"You're probably thinking about stabilizing selection.

OK. Thanks, I think I'll take this a a "Yes, but no." type deal. :blush:
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

Asmodean

A life form does not need to evolve as long as it's good enough as it is (has its competitive edge when compared to other species in the same area)

That does not mean, however, that the species we see as largely unevolved, like some insects, some sharks and lizards, not to mention crustations, are indeed the same as they were way back then. The changes could have been rather small, like color, for instance or a better immune system or a higher blood count for living in more mountaionous terrain. There are a lot of things one can alter about oneself without changing one's shape.

As for the sun being a solid mass... Bullshit, but I'll play.

Tell me, if I am making a calculation that views the Sun as a point in space (large enough scale), why should I then NOT see it as a solid mass? There are equasions where mass does matter, but mass density does not, nor does moment of inertia. Does your banned religious mind really need to twist every equasion to accomodate EVERY aspect of an object the equasion revolves around?

What does god have against relativity anyways?  :raised:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Martin TK

Quote from: "Asmodean"A life form does not need to evolve as long as it's good enough as it is (has its competitive edge when compared to other species in the same area)

That does not mean, however, that the species we see as largely unevolved, like some insects, some sharks and lizards, not to mention crustations, are indeed the same as they were way back then. The changes could have been rather small, like color, for instance or a better immune system or a higher blood count for living in more mountaionous terrain. There are a lot of things one can alter about oneself without changing one's shape.

As for the sun being a solid mass... Bullshit, but I'll play.

Tell me, if I am making a calculation that views the Sun as a point in space (large enough scale), why should I then NOT see it as a solid mass? There are equasions where mass does matter, but mass density does not, nor does moment of inertia. Does your banned religious mind really need to twist every equasion to accomodate EVERY aspect of an object the equasion revolves around?

What does god have against relativity anyways?  :raised:

Well, at least we haven't had to deal with the FlatEarthers who say that the sun and the moon are nothing more than discs.  LMAO
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

Caecilian

Quote from: "Asmodean"What does god have against relativity anyways?  :raised:

Its science. God hates science. Also fags, America, England, jews...you name it.