News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hi everyone!

Started by AtheistBrit, June 03, 2010, 01:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtheistBrit

Hi everyone!

I'm a 27 year-old, happily married atheist (married to my lovely husband who is also atheist), born and raised in England but moved to Northern California in 2008 for work.  We love living here and intend to stay indefinitely!  We have 10 pets (5 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 1 mouse and 2 small dogs) and no kids.  I was always uncomfortable with religion but couldn't put my finger on why, then I read the God Delusion in 2007 and it articulated exactly why I felt the way I did.  I have since expanded my knowledge of religion, science and the "godless mindset" as I call it, and am very much happier than I once was!'

Lovely to meet you all, I hope to have many stimulating discussions with you all!

elliebean

Hi A-Brit!

I think you'll fit in here just great.  :)

Welcome to the forum!
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

KDbeads

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Davin

Hello, welcome to the forums I hope you find it as interesting and enjoyable as I do.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank

Quote from: "AtheistBrit"Hi everyone!

I'm a 27 year-old, happily married atheist (married to my lovely husband who is also atheist), born and raised in England but moved to Northern California in 2008 for work.  We love living here and intend to stay indefinitely!  We have 10 pets (5 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 1 mouse and 2 small dogs) and no kids.  I was always uncomfortable with religion but couldn't put my finger on why, then I read the God Delusion in 2007 and it articulated exactly why I felt the way I did.  I have since expanded my knowledge of religion, science and the "godless mindset" as I call it, and am very much happier than I once was!'

Lovely to meet you all, I hope to have many stimulating discussions with you all!

Hi

The underlined bit in your into' is also true of myself. Welcome aboard.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Quote from: "AtheistBrit"Hi everyone!
I reckon you will. Welcome.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

AtheistBrit

What a lovely warm welcome, thank you all! :)