News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Chicago Atheist

Started by Monika, May 24, 2010, 08:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika

Hey,

I'm new here.  My name is Monika, I'm 22 and from Chicago.  Raised Catholic; always figured there were some nice ideas in it, but hated the power and control of religion.  Can't push myself to believe in the godâ,,¢ bit.

KDbeads

Hi!  Former Chicagoland resident here.  Welcome to the board :D
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Hi Monica

Although English I have spent 6 months working in Chicago. Love the place.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  Hope you like it here.  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Monika!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

McQ

Welcome to the forum, Monika. Glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy the group. I'll be in Chicago for ASCO this year.  What a great town, I always love being there.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Cecilie

The world's what you create.