News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: new creationist museum in dallas

Started by Cite134, June 26, 2010, 10:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrosebud

My hubby said something about how admission might be strictly limited - by appointment only.  I imagine that they wouldn't want anyone there with actual critical thinking skills spoiling it for the others.  If you were to go, it might have to be under false pretenses.
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

Whitney

Quote from: "jrosebud"My hubby said something about how admission might be strictly limited - by appointment only.  I imagine that they wouldn't want anyone there with actual critical thinking skills spoiling it for the others.  If you were to go, it might have to be under false pretenses.

Hmm...odd.  

I haven't gotten around to looking into it yet but wouldn't want to go if I had to lie.

Shine

Quote from: "Whitney"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...FIELDTRIP!

I agree!  This is totally worth the drive up from Austin someday. :bananacolor:

Whitney

It says it opens to the public in spring 2010.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Whitney

Quote from: "Cecilie"I wish I could go too...  :sigh:

Do you want me to tell them they should open their next one in Norway?

Tank

Quote from: "Whitney"

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tanker

Quote from: "Tank"

Heathen! How dare you use a none sanctfied color of smily. I say cast the apostate out. Yellow the very nerve.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tank

Quote from: "Tanker"
Quote from: "Tank"

Heathen! How dare you use a none sanctfied color of smily. I say cast the apostate out. Yellow the very nerve.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

Anyone that want to go see the museum should attend the Texas Freethought Convention this year; we can hit up the museum afterward.  This would make the trip worth it for anyone that has to travel a ways.  I'll post more info after we know the museum is open to the public and what the schedule allows.

Tank

Quote from: "Whitney"Anyone that want to go see the museum should attend the Texas Freethought Convention this year; we can hit up the museum afterward.  This would make the trip worth it for anyone that has to travel a ways.  I'll post more info after we know the museum is open to the public and what the schedule allows.
Videos and Youtube please for those of us not able to attend  :(

Cecilie

I don't think they would waste money on that sort of thing.
The world's what you create.

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

Quote from: "Gawen"I'll go. Someone PM me when.
lol  Only if you promise not to pee on the exhibits!

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.