News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hello, all

Started by jworl, March 23, 2010, 08:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jworl

Hello to everyone out there. I'm Josh, or you can just call me jworl. Either way, it doesn't matter to me (screenname will probably be easier). I'm from Florida in the United States and was indoctrinated by the Christian religion (charismatic Christian, to be a little more detailed) since birth. As a teenager was very involved in the church but began having doubt. By 17 and 18, I had moderate doubt and changed denomination by 19. That only lasted a short while before dismissing religion entirely.

Beyond religion, I work in the information technology field as a network engineer currently. I've gone through the Cisco Academy CCNA 1-4 course work and passed my CCNA exam a while back. I've also taken a few MCSA classes (70-290, 70-291... now out-dated), but rarely work with servers and have not attempted any Microsoft certs. Maybe I will one day though. I also used to play around with cars a lot, but I've sort of lost interest lately. Formerly owned a WRX, RSX Type-S, and currently a GTO.

I think that about sums it up.  :hide2:
[size=85]"Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion, several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother’s path to hap

skwurll

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll love it here.

elliebean

Hi Josh! I didn't understand any of your second paragraph, but I could certainly relate to the first. Welcome to the forum. :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

jworl

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Sorry I didn't check back sooner, but I've been a bit tied up lately. :)
[size=85]"Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion, several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother’s path to hap

dogsmycopilot

Hi! So glad to see another car person!