News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Bonjour!

Started by bfat, February 05, 2010, 02:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfat

Helloo there!

I've been wandering the internet for a few months, reading various atheist and anti-theist manifestos (as well as a few interesting and enlightening documentaries), and I've been slowly accepting the fact that I think I may actually be an atheist.  I've always considered myself an agnostic first--that I believe in *something*, just not the Judeo-Christian concept of God, or at least that I accept the possibility that there is more out there.  And I still do.  I'm just really unconvinced by any arguments that I have heard, and the likelihood that any one religion on this earth is entirely right is idiotically slim.  But I believe in other things--ghosts, and the possibility of the paranormal, and the power of the human mind to perform things that aren't yet understood by science.  After all, "Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it" (said the enigmatic Dana Scully :)  This is a topic that is tough to discuss in real life, and it would be nice to know some like-minded people.  At work, I'm surrounded by only my boss and two people who read nothing but the bible in their free time.  Anyway, didn't mean to ramble too much in my introduction, I just wanted to give a little bit of background on my philosophical/(non)religious life.

As for the other parts of my life, I'm a video editor (if you ever see an ad for a rerun Family Guy on TV that says "Tomorrow at 6:30 on Fox __," that was me), and I love to read and write.  I like documentaries and paranormal thrillers and animals and sushi and Stephen King books, and wearing my pajamas in every hour that I don't have to be outside the house.

So hello again!  :)

-bfat
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."  -Willy Wonka

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  It's a nice group of people here - very easy to bounce ideas off of.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Welcome to the forum, bfat!
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Whitney

Quote from: "bfat"I'm a video editor (if you ever see an ad for a rerun Family Guy on TV that says "Tomorrow at 6:30 on Fox __," that was me),

Yay!  Family Guy :)

Oh, and welcome to HAF.

AlP

Hello! Welcome to the forum!
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

kenh

Hi bfat and welcome!
I'll bet you recognize my location.  I actually live close to it.

Ken

bfat

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."  -Willy Wonka