News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello from USA

Started by TheStig, November 09, 2009, 05:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStig

Hey there,

I'm 22, in college, living here in central Indiana. Unsure of where I want to take my life, hopefully something where I can do my own thing and make lots of money and be happy!

I started off as a Christian, going to Church often as a kid with my parents. After my Dad died when I was 16, I slowly began questioning religion more and more, challenging my own beliefs. It has been a hard time for me, through various life experiences, trying to understand the "why." I stopped attending Church years ago after I was fed up with the people there. It was too big, too right-wing, too preachy. My Mom and I became semi-annual, then just annual Christians, going only for the Christmas service. We no longer go, although I'm sure my Mom would like to. She knows I'm doubtful about religion and have some tough times with it, but she does not know the full extent. I really don't want to do that to her.

I'm here because I want to share my experiences about religion and the bigger questions of God and creation, heaven and all that stuff. I want to read other people's experiences and thoughts, and learn from them. Maybe draw some new conclusions and further my own thoughts.

April

Welcome!  I'm also in Indiana!  I am just outside of Louisville.  Can't wait to get to know you.

LoneMateria

:welcome:

I look forward to future discussions and I hope you enjoy your time here ^_^
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Renegnicat

Go ahead and jump right in, let's see how good your intellect is... ;)
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]