News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hello to all

Started by gerrit, October 28, 2009, 10:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrit

Hello,

Everyone here seems pretty pleasant, thanks for that. I'm Gerrit, from Grand Rapids, MI. I like all sorts of interesting things, in particular philosophy and mathematics - the latter is my college major - as well as fair and honest discussions.

I'm from a creationist, Bible-is-infallible Christian family (my father is a pastor...oops) and everyone I know is Christian to some degree or another, so I hope to find people here who are more receptive to discussion.

Thanks for reading,
Gerrit

Recusant

Hello, and welcome, gerrit.   :)

There are more than a couple of members here with very similar backgrounds to yours, including the part about having a minister/pastor for a father.  So you've found some kindred spirits, all right.  I hope you enjoy participating in the discussions on Happy Atheist Forum, and I look forward to hearing your point of view.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

LoneMateria

Welcome to the forum from sunny and 75 degrees Florida :P.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Renegnicat

[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]