News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

New Meetings

Started by Renegnicat, September 29, 2009, 05:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegnicat

I would like to introduce myself, not just as a fellow atheist, but as one who understands all too well the anguish of a man unrecognized. All of you have most likely read, or heard, of the quote in which man purports to show his existence to the firmament of the universe, to which the universe simply tells the man that the fact of man's existence awakens in itself no such reciprocal sense of obligation.

It is sad, and delusional, that I had once thought anything other than that simplest of facts. But such is the way of religion. No, such is the way of man, who possesses not the faintest inkling of knowledge about why he should want an observer to observe himself, and yet longs for identification against an inky dark sea of nothingness.

The trick is to realize that man is the observer. We are the universe's way of observing itself, some might think. But such an enormous responsibility is not always welcomed by those who are not always the most mature. But that is the nature of my name, Renegnicat, as one who holds back the melancholy of man by being the observer man wishes himself.

A Renegnicat recognizes the sheer complexity of what he sees, I suppose. It is the eternal play between a child who wants to be recognized for his talents, and the melancholy of a man who never knew his mother earth. Aside from that, there is also time for play and lighthearted banter. A man alone is a man Renegnicat, but a man amongst friends needs not face that future till a later date.

Thus, new meetings and greetings from a new member.   :drool
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

LoneMateria

Welcome to HAF

That philosophy kinda sounds like the Minbari's view from Babylon 5 (maybe they based it on that view :P)  I hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to open and honest discussions ^_^
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

AlP

Hi Renegnicat. Welcome to the forum. Take the absolutes out of your philosophy and you have something very much like existentialism, which you might like to check out if you haven't already.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Renegnicat

Existentialism, eh? I'll have to look into that. Wikipedia is calling...
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]