News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Saudi Family Sues a Genie

Started by curiosityandthecat, July 14, 2009, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

No, really. A Saudi family has taken a Jinn to court.

Quote from: "CNN"A family in Saudi Arabia has taken a genie to court, alleging theft and harassment, according to local media.

The lawsuit filed in Shariah court accuses the genie of leaving them threatening voicemails, stealing their cell phones and hurling rocks at them when they leave their house at night, said Al-Watan newspaper.

An investigation was under way, local court officials said.

"We have to verify the truthfulness of this case despite the difficulty of doing so," Sheikh Amr Al Salmi, the head of the court, told Al-Watan. "What makes this case and complaint more interesting is that it wasn't filed by just one person. Every member of the family is part of this case."

http://bit.ly/5Vqrf
-Curio

Will

Sheikh Amr Al Salmi went on to say, "I wish they never would have found that genie..."

*KAZAAM!*

"What were we talking about?"
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Tanker

FYI Jinns are not really the same as genies (at least not anymore). Jinns are dark and melevolent spirts who would rather harm then help people. Genies have been warped out of poportion as happy go lucky guys who grant 3 wishes.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Will

Quote from: "Tanker"FYI Jinns are not really the same as genies (at least not anymore). Jinns are dark and melevolent spirts who would rather harm then help people. Genies have been warped out of poportion as happy go lucky guys who grant 3 wishes.
Still, they're both equally mythology, and anyone that believes in them quite mad.  :crazy:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Will"Still, they're both equally mythology, and anyone that believes in them quite mad.  :)
-Curio

michael

Quote from: "CNN""We have to verify the truthfulness of this case despite the difficulty of doing so," Sheikh Amr Al Salmi, the head of the court, told Al-Watan. "What makes this case and complaint more interesting is that it wasn't filed by just one person. Every member of the family is part of this case."
So they're all nuts?

I never cease wondering at the gullibility of humans.
Hi.  Click these links to follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook, and visit my personal website.
[size=85]"But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under

McQ

Quote from: "Will"Sheikh Amr Al Salmi went on to say, "I wish they never would have found that genie..."

*KAZAAM!*

"What were we talking about?"

lol
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

karadan

I wonder if they'll get possession of the flying carpet as compensation...  :shake:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.