News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Found an interesting YT vid.

Started by karadan, June 27, 2009, 08:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Whitney

I like how he pointed out that polling "would you vote for an atheist" might not reflect what people would do if presented with a quality atheist candidate.

Will

Chris Hitchens handled that quite well. I'm glad he knows when it's appropriate to o full on militant atheist and when it's appropriate to be respectful guest of a show watched by both believers and nonbelievers.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Chimera

It's nice to see Hitchens being more low-key and reasonable here. He had good responses to the questions in the interview.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Squid

Cool but I saw the YT vid part and thought you meant Y&T vid and was going to show something like this:

[youtube:2qteg9c3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhigmNrfEsU[/youtube:2qteg9c3]

...damn I love hair metal...:headbang:

thiolsulfate

I'm not surprised that Hitchens is toned down in this interview (great interview by the way).

It's ABC Morning News, staffed by anchors either too smart or too stupid to have an axe to grind when reporting so Hitchens is essentially given free reign, which is refreshing. Most other televised or radio interviews he gives are with TV personalities who feel compelled to interrupt him in the middle of sentences or shout him down to inject minutes of their own opinion in a segment not lasting longer than seven to ten.