News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Oh, hi there.

Started by skeptix, February 13, 2009, 06:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeptix

I've been agnostic most of my life, but never really reached out to the atheist/agnostic/etc community.  I figured Charles Darwin's bicentennial might be a good time.   :D

I'm not entirely sure I'll be welcome here, as I have not been lurking and am not aware of the tone here.  I did read the rules, and I'm not going to preach, but I do feel rather strongly that there needs to be a more radical effort to phase religion out of society.

I am here to ask questions, learn, and then perhaps to provide my own opinions.  So let's start with some questions and we'll move to the learning part.

Are there other atheist organizations/forums you belong to?  How do you like them?  What do you think are their faults?

Have you attended meet-up groups?  How was the experience?

Have you been involved in any sort of direct actions?  What were they?  Are you aware of groups that organize such actions?

I think that's a good start.  I am aware of FFRF, and being from WA, I was thrilled with their actions at my state capital building, however, they don't even have a forum!

Please answer my questions as best you can.  I hope to learn more about this group and others.  Thank you for your time!

cheers

SallyMutant

I love this forum, because there are many degrees of militancy--non-militancy here.
Personally, I'm mild. I don't like to hurt people's feelings or "preach" atheism.  And for self-interest,  I like to ally with the sane religious.

:banna:
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

curiosityandthecat

Welcome. ;) Either way, welcome, again.
-Curio