News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hey, did you hear?

Started by Wraitchel, January 21, 2009, 11:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraitchel

According to some Christian radio dickweed, Obama may be the Antichrist. Of course, he's basing this speculation on the belief that Obama is the man who will finally bring peace to the middle east. Need any more evidence that Christians are fools? I seem to recall that certain Republicans might have spread similar rumors some months ago. Fucking morons. Can you imagine living in that kind of hysteria and fantasy? I wish I could find a clip of the argument he made. It was hair raising!

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Wraitchel"Can you imagine living in that kind of hysteria and fantasy?

I can absolutely imagine it... I did a lot of LSD in the 90s.  :D

Seriously, though, he's just looking for ratings. I mean, sure, he's a nutter. He's a Christian radio dickweed. Nutter is par for the course. He's just trying to rile the masses, that's all. Still... dickweed.
-Curio

Whitney

I've come to view "antichrist" as a compliment...they tend to apply it to anyone who is willing to think outside a narrow fundamentalist mindset yet is still able to serve as an inspiration to others.

Kyuuketsuki

Quote from: "laetusatheos"I've come to view "antichrist" as a compliment...

Yeah ... been called it a few times and I've been known to jump up and holler, "Yes!" because it's such a compliment  :crazy:

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

brekfustuvluzerz

there was a girl in my history class last semester near the time of the election who asked the professor during class if he thought obama could be the antichrist. i was not happy.
"(insert favorite carl sagan quote here)" - Carl Sagan

oldschooldoc

Let the dickweeds ramble...besides Kyu and laetus are right, I think the term antichrist is like a compliment. If he is the anti- opression, bloodshed, contradictory, mind-fucking...then GREAT!!!  :evil:
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon

Arthur Dent

The cult I was raised in held this idea as a core belief. It frustrated the hell out of me because it prevents a practical solution from ever being accepted or taken seriously. Pair this up with the belief that only the "messiah" can bring peace in Israel and the mindset becomes completely defeatist.

"We're going to fight about something, and the only one who can stop us is God; anyone else who tries is the devil."

Because that's a method for success right there...
"In our tenure of this planet, we have accumulated dangerous, evolutionary baggage -- propensities for aggression and ritual, submission to leaders, hostility to outsiders, all of which puts our survival in some doubt. We have also acquired compassion for others, love for our children, a desire to learn from history and experience, and a great, soa

Kyuuketsuki

"Nothing but the rain"

... oops I though that was "what do you hear [Starbuck]?"

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]

susangail

Don't they (Christians and whatnot)in a way want the antichrist to come? like so the rapture comes and then they get to go Home? Maybe that's just a Mormon thing. I was in a nativity scene run by mormons this passed Christmas (don't ask why) and they seemed all excited for the end of the world.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

oldschooldoc

Quote from: "susangail"Don't they (Christians and whatnot)in a way want the antichrist to come? like so the rapture comes and then they get to go Home? Maybe that's just a Mormon thing. I was in a nativity scene run by mormons this passed Christmas (don't ask why) and they seemed all excited for the end of the world.

Ummm...I know you said not to, but now I'm really curious...why were you in a nativity scene run by mormons?
OldSchoolDoc

"I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill" - Neil Peart
"Imagine there's no Heaven, it's easy if you try..." - John Lennon

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "oldschooldoc"
Quote from: "susangail"Don't they (Christians and whatnot)in a way want the antichrist to come? like so the rapture comes and then they get to go Home? Maybe that's just a Mormon thing. I was in a nativity scene run by mormons this passed Christmas (don't ask why) and they seemed all excited for the end of the world.

Ummm...I know you said not to, but now I'm really curious...why were you in a nativity scene run by mormons?

I have to admit, I almost posted the same question a while ago. Now that it's been asked, I just have to say I was really wondering the same thing.  :D
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

susangail

Quote from: "oldschooldoc"

hahahah...yeah... Well, I have a mormon friend (more like a thousand but I'm closest with her) who invited me and bunch of other friends to go Caroling For Cans. Then we found out that there was gonna be a live nativity scene so we're just like, eh why not. We were all excited about the caroling more than anything.

The caroling turned out to last twenty minutes and nativity scene lasted over an hour. She convinced two of our friends (both atheists, haha) to be in it. They dressed up as "everyday people". They looked so ridiculous, so of course I HAD to get in on that action. So I dressed up and sang hymns with like thirty other "everyday people". My mormon friend was playing the flute for one song. I held her music when she played cause there were no stands (and tripped on the microphone cord  roflol )
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.