Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Pope to get rid of limbo?

Started by joeactor, October 04, 2006, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Interesting article:
  Pope vs. Limbo

... so, the Pope can just get rid of a fundamental concept of the religion because it needs more members?

Go, Pope, Go!

(I guess it's ok, since they made up the concept to begin with...)

:monk:

McQ

I guess the Catholic Church just isn't setting the bar as high as it used to.

(I kill me!!! The bar....limbo.....GET IT?)  LOL!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

joeactor

Quote from: "McQ"I guess the Catholic Church just isn't setting the bar as high as it used to.

(I kill me!!! The bar....limbo.....GET IT?)  LOL!

Yep - sounds like they're bending over backwards to get new people in the church!

Tom62

It is understandable that the Vatican is saving on the after-life, since the huge inflow of African AIDS-deaths makes it no longer controllable.

But it is extraordinary cynical that the Vatican choose the closure of the limbo as first remedial action, so that innocent children souls have to suffer.

It would have been better if the Vatican had cleaned up Heaven first. Spiritualists and lifeafterdeathexperts have received signals that many souls that were destinated for Hell, have manage to access Heaven illegally with the help of scrupulous, fraudulent soulsdealers.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Tom62"Spiritualists and lifeafterdeathexperts have received signals that many souls that were destinated for Hell, have manage to access Heaven illegally with the help of scrupulous, fraudulent soulsdealers.

So, there's hope for me yet!  

Nah. :doubt:

I still think the best parties will be in hell.   :cheers: