News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Religion Cartoon

Started by Court, September 02, 2006, 07:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Court

At the risk of being offensive, I'm posting this. I thought it was pretty funny:

[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

I don't care if it offends people....that's funny.

Woody

Well, I was recently accused by someone on this forum of being disrespectful and of 'intimating' that people have to be idiots to hold religious beliefs, thus sweeping said people and their beliefs aside without recourse to serious thought.  This cartoon is far more forthright about the issue than I was. Actually, I really don't believe that you have to be an idiot to hold religious beliefs but, as the saying goes, it helps.

And thanks, Court, I enjoyed the cartoon.

Court

I don't think all religious people are stupid. I do think, however, that the majority of them are purposely stupid, ignoring or sweeping aside all questions about the illogical nature of their faith. I would love to print this out and post it somewhere, because this is the sort of thing I needed when I was a Christian -- a kick in the ass, a reminder that not everyone thought as I did and my questions about Christianity were not mere trifles. And by not questioning, I was being irrevocably stupid.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

MommaSquid

Thanks for sharing, Court.  The comic rang true on several points.  Plus there was a bonus Commander Keen sighting!  Cool.

joeactor

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Thanks for sharing, Court.  The comic rang true on several points.  Plus there was a bonus Commander Keen sighting!  Cool.

Hey!  I noticed Commander Keen too - used to love that game...

The humor's a bit too heavy handed for my taste, but true none the less.

Tom62

QuoteHey! I noticed Commander Keen too - used to love that game...

The humor's a bit too heavy handed for my taste, but true none the less.
Same for me, although I was more a fan of Duke Nukem than of Commander Keen
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

SpiralExit

Sweet!