News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

I was on my way home from school...

Started by Chimera, October 28, 2008, 09:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimera

...and I saw this:

I thought he was a sidewalk artist at first, but then I really saw the painting. At the top, it's titled "Greatest Love Story". On the left side is some dude jumping around and a bulldozer in the background (I guess he really likes bulldozers?) and the right side has "the gap between God and man, bridged by the cross of Jesus."

The guy was handing out tracts and talking to people about the painting and whatnot. Some young guy who thought he was hilarious tried to push the dude's buttons by saying that Satan's rebellion (which has no Biblical basis whatsoever, but that's for another post) was a sign of love from Satan, by getting us away from the tyranny of God. They went back and forth for a minute or two, but it occurred to me that if you substituted "Dorothy" for God and "Wicked Witch" for Satan, you'd get sort of the same argument...just a fairy tale. And they were treating it as fact.

I just had to shake my head. If I'd had my FSM brochures with me, I would have given them each one.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

rlrose328

That's the type of situation where I'd want to get involved in a discussion with the guy but the hubby would grab my arm and pull me away.  LOL!

I gotta get me some FSM brochures.  :D
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Chimera

I printed up my own, following the guide given in The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They look pretty spiffy, if I do say so myself.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Whitney

So if I don't use Jesus' torture device as a bridge God will use a bulldozer to drown me in a dirty lake?   :hmm:

Asmodean

Quote from: "laetusatheos"So if I don't use Jesus' torture device as a bridge God will use a bulldozer to drown me in a dirty lake?   :hmm:
What if I is in a wheelchair? How am I then supposed to like... Cross a cross?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Chimera

Quote from: "laetusatheos"So if I don't use Jesus' torture device as a bridge God will use a bulldozer to drown me in a dirty lake?   :hmm:

LOL, I should have asked him that.