News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

A book you guys might like

Started by Mister Joy, October 18, 2008, 11:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Joy

Anyone ever heard of Glen Duncan's I, Lucifer? It's a black comedy narrated by the Devil, who's been given a last stab at redemption by living out the life of a human being on Earth. And don't think Little Nicky because they're a world apart. Check out the opening two paragraphs:

QuoteI, Lucifer, Fallen Angel, Prince of Darkness, Bringer of Light, Ruler of Hell, Lord of the Flies, Father of Lies, Apostate Supreme, Tempter of Mankind, Old Serpent, Prince of This World, Seducer, Accuser, Tormentor, Blasphemer, and without a doubt Best Fuck in the Seen and Unseen Universe (ask Eve, that minx) have decided - oo-la-la! - to tell all.

All? Some. I'm toying with that for a title: Some. Got a post-millennial modesty to it, don't you think? Some. My side of the story. The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll. (I invented rock and roll. You wouldn't believe the things I've invented. Anal sex, obviously. Smoking. Astrology. Money... Let's save time: Everything in the world that distracts you from thinking about God. Which... pretty much... is everything in the world, isn't it? Gosh.)

And they're now making it into a film with *drum roll* Daniel Craig playing Lucifer. Should be good to see him in a more antagonistic role. Anyhoo, read it. It's bloody good. :D

Asmodean

QuoteI, Lucifer, Fallen Angel, Prince of Darkness, Bringer of Light, Ruler of Hell, Lord of the Flies, Father of Lies, Apostate Supreme, Tempter of Mankind, Old Serpent, Prince of This World, Seducer, Accuser, Tormentor, Blasphemer, and without a doubt Best Fuck in the Seen and Unseen Universe

:D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

curiosityandthecat

I've been trying to get my hands on this from the library for about a year, now. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy it. It's supposedly right up there with Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal.

Good on you.  :lol:
-Curio