News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Confusticated contest to share truth - Oh, and Hello!

Started by Dwnocturnal, October 04, 2008, 05:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwnocturnal

Hello,

Not sure how most of these introductions go, but I shall start out simply:

I am a fairly young atheist, in my mid 20's, so I automatically get labeled as a perpetual degenerate of my age (I am sure much lessened of late than previous atheists).  I understand that as atheists we all take many blows from the majority (how sad that it is) of society, and I am no stranger to lengthy altercations with theists.  I do not always "go looking for a fight", but am always up for one if it is to find me.  Although I am sure there are many of you I will share common-ground with, there will undoubtedly be some that I will share "battle-of-wits" with.  Let me preface myself by stating again that I am always up for an argument, especially if it  can be proven (which obviously, we can all agree that a lot of what we speak cannot  ;) ) to ring more true than my own thoughts.

I am excited and enthralled to have found your forums and hope that I can finally find some sensible people to gather and contend ideas/thoughts with.

In hopes of future prospects,

DwNocturnal

dodgecity

Hi, Dwnocturnal, and welcome. I am a recent deconvert as well. For some reason, when I first became an atheist, I was under the silly impression that I would always agree with other atheists, lol. It didn't take long for me to realize that we are a sharpening bunch; we sharpen each other by questioning each other. We're not looking for a consensus to adopt. This took a while for me to get used to, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyways, nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Dwnocturnal

Thanks for the reply and the welcome, dodgecity.  Looks like I may have already set myself against the other members =/. Heh; or it could be that I am a night owl and everyone else is just snoozing... :eek2:

rlrose328

Hi, Dw... I, too, love a debate when it comes my way.  Like dodge, I was under the mistaken impression that, when I met fellow atheists, we'd get along and the world would be wonderful.  Unfortunately, I've run into some atheists that weren't very nice and I almost resigned myself to never finding compatible humans, other than my husband.  Luckily, I found this place.  :banna:

Welcome!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

myleviathan

Quote from: "Dwnocturnal"I do not always "go looking for a fight", but am always up for one if it is to find me.

I feel you there. Although I do sort of go looking out on Christian forums anytime I get itchy. You know what I mean? Anyway, welcome!
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Kyuuketsuki

Hi & welcome (feels odd saying that coz I only joined a few days back) :)

Quote from: "Dwnocturnal"I do not always "go looking for a fight", but am always up for one if it is to find me.

Me too and the thing is it always seems to be me who gets the blame!

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]