Atheist Documentaries?

Started by NoFearNoLimits, September 11, 2008, 07:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoFearNoLimits

Anyone seen any good documentaries lately?  Here is a list of some i've seen:
1.The God Who Wasn't There
2.The Root of All Evil
3. The Four Horseman  
4. Jesus Camp (Just saw this one  :upset: )
"I'd rather live one day as a lion, than a lifetime as a sheep"

dodgecity

Hmm, well, if you liked Root of All Evil, you may enjoy The Enemies of Reason.

Dawkins doesn't even mention religion hardly, but it's important to see how nonthinking spreads to other parts of peoples' lives. I was astounded by the section on alternative medicine.

NoFearNoLimits

Quote from: "dodgecity"Hmm, well, if you liked Root of All Evil, you may enjoy The Enemies of Reason.

Dawkins doesn't even mention religion hardly, but it's important to see how nonthinking spreads to other parts of peoples' lives. I was astounded by the section on alternative medicine.
I forgot to mention that one, i've seen that one also.  Remember it because of the part on dowsing.  When they created a scientific test and everyone failed  :)
"I'd rather live one day as a lion, than a lifetime as a sheep"

Asmodean

Quote from: "NoFearNoLimits"4. Jesus Camp (Just saw this one  :upset:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Asmodean"

That is correct... however, what scares me more is that they are reproducing at a much more prolific rate than non-believers.  The majority of non-believers I know have 2 or fewer kids while the evangelicals believe they should populate the earth singlehandedly.  We're already outnumbered... and it will only get worse as time goes on.

I'm hopeful that the more repressed they are with their kids, some of the kids will rebel and develop their own sense of self and thus, think for themselves.  Hopeful...  :unsure:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Jolly Sapper

I'm not sure if "The Power of Nightmares," produced by the BBC, is atheist enough to qualify for this list, but it does talk about using religion as a tool to control politics from a somewhat secular perspective.

The documentary follows the neoconservative moment in the US and the rise of extremist Islam in the middle east and the parallels between the two as they both sought to change the political landscape of their respective regions of the world.

afreethinker30

Hell House  

[spoiler:3s0lgw9y]A look at the "Hell House" performed annually in October by the youth members of Trinity Church (Assemblies of God) in Cedar Hill, Texas (a Dallas suburb) - seen by over 10,000 visitors each year. We see the organization and planning of the event - including auditions, construction, scripting and rehearsals - largely through the involvement of one family: a single father with 4 children (one of whom suffers from cerebral palsy) including his daughter, a cast member[/spoiler:3s0lgw9y]

afreethinker30

Oh I forgot Marjoe

[spoiler:ggd4w762]Part documentary, part expose, this film follows one-time child evangelist Marjoe Gortner on the "church tent" Revivalist circuit, commenting on the showmanship of Evangelism and "the religion business", prior to the start of "televangelism"[/spoiler:ggd4w762]

quizlixx

Quote from: "rlrose328"
Quote from: "Asmodean"

That is correct... however, what scares me more is that they are reproducing at a much more prolific rate than non-believers.  The majority of non-believers I know have 2 or fewer kids while the evangelicals believe they should populate the earth singlehandedly.  We're already outnumbered... and it will only get worse as time goes on.

I'm hopeful that the more repressed they are with their kids, some of the kids will rebel and develop their own sense of self and thus, think for themselves.  Hopeful...  :brick:
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."