News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

HAF's Most Hated!

Started by Rift Zone, April 11, 2018, 01:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

come on, help a bother out!   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

RZ most of us have some compassion for those with which we disagree.  We try not to indulge in hate. Hate is a counter productive emotion.  For example, It is readily apparent that we dislike the Trump man. We don't like the narcissistic, loud mouthed, lying, tweet freak bastard....yes, but hate is carrying it a bit too far. And no I will not be pleased if some nutter plots or tries to do him in.  I do dislike him, but I do not hate him.

Perhaps we should do an examination of the word; Hate. The semantics are worthy of some clarification here.

Magdalena

I would just like to say that I haven't voted, yet.  :folded:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on April 11, 2018, 02:57:56 AM
Why?  :scratch:
I'm just trying to make the best of the environment.   I'm clearly not HAF's most adored member; perhaps poking some fun at that and myself might break the ice a little.   

Quote from: Icarus on April 11, 2018, 03:00:02 AM
RZ most of us have some compassion for those with which we disagree.  We try not to indulge in hate. Hate is a counter productive emotion.  For example, It is readily apparent that we dislike the Trump man. We don't like the narcissistic, loud mouthed, lying, tweet freak bastard....yes, but hate is carrying it a bit too far. And no I will not be pleased if some nutter plots or tries to do him in.  I do dislike him, but I do not hate him.

Perhaps we should do an examination of the word; Hate. The semantics are worthy of some clarification here.
I suppose "hate" is a little strong...   How about, for the purposes of this thread, "hate" is watered down to the extent that it merely evokes the sentiments of: "fuck that guy"?

Quote from: Magdalena on April 11, 2018, 03:57:57 AM
I would just like to say that I haven't voted, yet.  :folded:
Do it!    I need some support here!   My aspirations for glory are fading fast!   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

I don't think I'll vote in this one, RZ. I also think that if you feel you need to break the ice, you could engage more in more laid back topics, let us get to know more about yourself, and just...chill. ;)

While we do talk about religion and stuff an online group of atheists in larger communities would talk about, we mostly like more diverse, laid back topics. We're just a group of people talking about whatever. Join in!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Hate is an intense emotion, the word shouldn't be used lightly.
Misuse diminishes efficacy, the word should be preserved for the most extreme bad, abhorrent, detestable, loathsome...

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 07, 2018, 04:06:34 PM
I hate misused centre alignment.  >:(

Ye, stuff like that.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

The term 'Attention Whore' crossed my mind  ;) LOL!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2018, 12:36:59 PM

So cynical.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 11, 2018, 12:28:38 PM

Misuse diminishes efficacy, the word should be preserved for the most extreme bad, abhorrent, detestable, loathsome...

Ye, stuff like that.

:picard facepalm:

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Rift Zone

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 11, 2018, 12:16:00 PM
I don't think I'll vote in this one, RZ.
=(   I was counting on you, xSilverPhinx.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 11, 2018, 12:16:00 PMI also think that if you feel you need to break the ice, you could engage more in more laid back topics, let us get to know more about yourself, and just...chill. ;)
You really are a good bunch of people.  In spite of all the bitching that went down, there's only one person in HAF who would get my vote.   Of course I want to hang out and chill.   

...um, yea.   Would it surprise you to know that I'm constantly preoccupied with mother nature?  -between trying to help out and figure her out, I can scarcely get a thought in edgewise, lose awareness of my surroundings, work through hungry till I flirt with malnourished...  it's all bad.   But I'm not all Spock!  I take more after mom.  lol   chill, right.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 11, 2018, 12:16:00 PMWhile we do talk about religion and stuff an online group of atheists in larger communities would talk about, we mostly like more diverse, laid back topics. We're just a group of people talking about whatever. Join in!
Point taken.  thanks yet again for the stellar direction.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Tank on April 11, 2018, 12:36:59 PM
geeks dance on tables too, bro!    lol

Rift Zone

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 11, 2018, 12:45:44 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 11, 2018, 12:28:38 PM

Ye, stuff like that.

:lol:

The both of yaz!!!        :postoday:

Dragonia

This is just weird... did i miss some argument somewhere?
Because I like you, RZ! I think you seem cool. You're definitely not my most hated here... that person has already been banned, a long time ago.
So, I mean, you totally lose this contest. :felix:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dragonia on April 11, 2018, 01:25:02 PM
This is just weird... did i miss some argument somewhere?
Because I like you, RZ! I think you seem cool. You're definitely not my most hated here... that person has already been banned, a long time ago.
So, I mean, you totally lose this contest. :felix:

went looking for  :shooty: :lynch:       got       :far out:   Thanks for blowing up my spot, Dragonia.

I was doing bad things in the science section.   :headshake:

I think you're pretty cool too. =)