News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Nova! -the end of black hole/singularity fantasy:

Started by Rift Zone, March 19, 2018, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

My science cannot be broken is a statement of mathematical alignment with the known properties of the universe...  there are no inconsistencies.   
Your thought process is juvenile, yes.   I also mentioned the other ~.001% of the universe was gaseous, solid, and liquid...    Lets look back to the start of a logical fallacy you been desperately holding onto for days now:
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 20, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
This universe is 99.999+% plasma, the primary state of matter.   We, and our largely liquid, gaseous, and solid states realm, are an anomaly in the universe.
Where do you see "the rest of it is open space" in that?    No, the rest was clearly defined, and the question of mass distribution/density never came up; yet in your fantasy, I made determinations about density.  It never happened, your argument is juvenile, petty, and rife with logical fallacy.

Furthermore!
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 03:58:54 PM
Cant see through plasma huh?    reading one line out of wikipedia does not constitute understanding.   yes, light has issues transmuting through plasma, but again you have issues with placing that bit if info in proper context with other physical realities, like the density distribution of the universe.   There is so much wrong with that line of reasoning it's not even funny.   To an astute observer, your contribution is in no way reminiscent of a sensical scientific discussion.
your infantile reasoning hinges on density, and I already mentioned you might have difficulties with density, as noted above, so I was trying to hope you evolve, at least to the next grade. 
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 08:43:27 PMWhere do you see "the rest of it is open space" in that?
What are you talking about? Did you have difficulty reading what I wrote?

Quote from: Rift Zoneyour infantile reasoning hinges on density[...]
Oh, infantile now? Your personal attacks don't bother me, but I am not the only person here and it does mean that you are breaking the forum rules.

Quote from: Rift Zoneand I already mentioned you might have difficulties with density, as noted above, so I was trying to hope you evolve, at least to the next grade.
If the universe were made up of 99.999+% of plasma, there would be a lot of difficulties with density. That's just one of the problems. We can already tell that it's not true, because we can see pretty far.

Look at that plasma burning off of other "plasma" and turning into "plasma." If that filled up 99.999+% of the universe, it sure wouldn't be easy to see anything. In fact, if the universe were made up of 99.999+% of plasma, that picture wouldn't be possible because the camera would be inside some thick plasma.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

your fallacy has already been defeated Davin.   Give it up.   You're now not demonstrating your infantile nature, you're proving it.   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Rift Zone

oh, Jumbojack, i got something for you to check out!   

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 09:11:51 PM
your fallacy has already been defeated Davin.   Give it up.   You're now not demonstrating your infantile nature, you're proving it.
What fallacy? Give what up? Why do you keep up with the personal attacks? Rationally, it doesn't mean shit, but you are breaking the rules of the forum.

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 09:12:55 PM

Yeah, watch that video if you want a good laugh.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

You are basing your argument on something like this, put together by a composer?

O.K, no reason why a composer should not adhere to the scientific method, but that looks more like a van Dänikenism in style to me.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on March 21, 2018, 09:24:43 PM

You are basing your argument on something like this, put together by a composer?

O.K, no reason why a composer should not adhere to the scientific method, but that looks more like a van Dänikenism in style to me.
You're trying to insinuate, what, precisely?     I suggest you apply some scientific rigor to your stance before you bring it to me.   

Tank

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 08:03:33 PM
my science cannot be broken.  anything you think you have only demonstrates your ignorance.   ;)
Then it's not science, it's faith.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Tank on March 22, 2018, 07:40:41 AM
my science cannot be broken.  anything you think you have only demonstrates your ignorance.   ;)
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 21, 2018, 08:43:27 PM
My science cannot be broken is a statement of mathematical alignment with the known properties of the universe...  there are no inconsistencies.   

Dave

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 22, 2018, 12:11:56 PM
Well, only my unscientific and untutored opinion, based on empiricism from 70 odd years of experience: that sounds like neither science nor faith to me - more like self-delusion.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on March 22, 2018, 12:18:40 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 22, 2018, 12:11:56 PM
Well, only my unscientific and untutored opinion, based on empiricism from 70 odd years of experience: that sounds like neither science nor faith to me - more like self-delusion.
Try not to take it out of context.   

If I was dealing with decent people who like to have decent conversations about decent things, I would have never gotten anywhere near saying anything of the sort.   I was taunting a rival there.   I suggest all who see it leave it at that or the subsequent bitching will have me double down on that and i'll really start hurting the feelings of the inept.

Rift Zone

i mean, find it man!!!    you are absolutely right!!! there is bound to be an inconsistency in there somewhere, right?!?    find it!    Discount Nova!  I want you to!  ;)

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 22, 2018, 12:41:49 PM
i mean, find it man!!!    you are absolutely right!!! there is bound to be an inconsistency in there somewhere, right?!?    find it!    Discount Nova!  I want you to!  ;)
I already had found a few, and you cowered away from my objections to hide behind personal attacks.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Davin on March 22, 2018, 01:31:37 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 22, 2018, 12:41:49 PM
I already had found a few, and you cowered away from my objections to hide behind personal attacks.
your approach clearly showed its desperation toward the end of the night.   I see we're starting pretty close to that now.   

Davin

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 22, 2018, 02:42:49 PM
your approach clearly showed its desperation toward the end of the night.   I see we're starting pretty close to that now.
So how's that misrepresentation that modern science doesn't account for gravitational effects on red shift going for you?

Why would you expect all points in a galaxy to have the same red shift value if red shift is a relative velocity measurement?

How can you see through a room that is filled up to 99.999+% plasma?