News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

"PAIRINGS" -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Biggus Dickus, February 27, 2018, 02:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 12, 2018, 03:55:40 PM
I'm sorry Hermes...I forgot to do the background stuff. Please forgive me :-[

Thanks for the info, but you will still have to drink six Bloody Marys for your sin.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

... Tried to use a flash, but it didn't turn out that good)

I usually hate using flash - prefer available light.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Lark

Thank you to everybody who voted for my photos. The mare and foal sculptures are in a grove of trees at the Irish National Stud, and are formed from driftwood.

As for my other photos, #2 is a netsuke depicting a pair of Go players in the Pitt-Rivers Museum in Oxford. #7 is a companionable pair of young horses, again at the Irish National Stud. The leaping dog sculpture (#12) is from a temporary exhibit at RHS Wisley, a spectacular garden operated by the Royal Horticultural Society in Surrey. #22 is a pair of box turtles who live with their friends in a garden on Key West in Florida.

Thank you to Papasito Bruno for running the challenge, and for the lovely ::) hand-knitted sweater and the splendid potato peeler.

For the next photo challenge, I've chosen the theme "A Piece of History." Anything historical can be the subject, including for instance buildings, monuments and statues, historical clothing, art, etc., etc.

I'll be posting a thread for this soon, or will ask Recusant to do so.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 12, 2018, 04:16:09 PM

Thanks for the info, but you will still have to drink six Bloody Marys for your sin.
I didn't participate, may I please be punished as well. :unsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

This picture was also taken in the city of Comayagua in Honduras. Picture of my wife and mother-in law waling back to my mother-in laws house after a morning trip to the local market. I really like this photograph, it's one of a dozen or so that I snapped while they were walking in front of me that morning. I like the similarity in they way they walked, the angle of their heads, even the way they swing their arms.
Almost as if the same person walking alongside their future or past self
I voted for this one. It reminded me of my happy childhood in El Salvador. :)

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on March 12, 2018, 06:35:35 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 12, 2018, 04:16:09 PM

I didn't participate, may I please be punished as well. :unsure:

Oh very well, if you want to be masochistic. Eight Bloody Marys, young lady.
― Charles Eames

Lark

Quote from: Magdalena on March 12, 2018, 06:33:52 PM
Congratulations, Lark:cheerleader:

Thank you, Magdalena.  :)

Also, I meant to say in my previous post that my favourite photo was hermes2015's seagulls.

hermes2015

Quote from: Lark on March 12, 2018, 06:53:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 12, 2018, 06:33:52 PM
Congratulations, Lark:cheerleader:

Thank you, Magdalena.  :)

Also, I meant to say in my previous post that my favourite photo was hermes2015's seagulls.

Thank you for the kind words, Lark.

Your suggestion for the new theme is very good.
― Charles Eames

Dragonia

Yes, Lark, it's a great theme for next time! I'm very excited to see what kind of pics get turned in!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Lark on March 12, 2018, 05:40:02 PM

For the next photo challenge, I've chosen the theme "A Piece of History." Anything historical can be the subject, including for instance buildings, monuments and statues, historical clothing, art, etc., etc.

I'll be posting a thread for this soon, or will ask Recusant to do so.

Cool, I actually have some of those.  Should we send submissions to you, or are you still sorting that out?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 13, 2018, 02:55:55 AMCool, I actually have some of those.  Should we send submissions to you, or are you still sorting that out?

I'll be handling the logistics for Lark, so please send me your entries.  :)

Might as well give the subjects for my photos while I'm here.

A pair of butterflies working on the next generation. Unfortunately I don't know the species they were perpetuating. They look like they could possibly be Torquatas Swallowtail, but it's hard to say, since the undersides of their wings aren't visible in the photo.

The "Glasshouse" at RHS Garden Wisley, just south of the M25 in Surrey, UK.

Royal coat of arms of Great Britain, on the front of a steam locomotive at the National Railway Museum York.

Mount St. Helens and Mount Adams, in Washington state in the US.

Lorenzo the "Flying Frenchman" works with 6 of his 12 Camargue horses at the Olympia Horse Show in London.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken