News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

AngelofDeath account suspension.

Started by Tank, December 23, 2017, 08:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Some of you may have noticed AoD is listed as banned. This is not the case as yet. His account has been suspended subject to discussion. A couple of days ago I noted that he had been editing a lot (if not all) of his posts. I checked his posts and he has also edited some of his posts to 'deleted'.

A forum is the sum of its posts. Revisionism is not acceptable. I banned AoD so he could do more damage and have started a discussion in the staff forum. If anybody would like to add their thoughts on this action/subject I would love to discuss them here.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

You guys seem pretty fair with the amount of shit you tolerate on this forum. In fact, it is the main reason I stayed. For me, personally, I don't care if the likes of the Angel of Deaths come here and spew their mental sewage, I'll just ignore the trollish asshats, if they become that irritating. This is your domain, if you see fit to banish the acerbic bottom feeders, then so be it,

Dave

I am happy to give anyone a chance to develop a discussion but am intolerant of prosetylising in any form or direction. Make an offer and be willing to consider another's point of view - OK. Simply posting your beliefs - just not on.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on December 23, 2017, 09:44:20 AM
You guys seem pretty fair with the amount of shit you tolerate on this forum. In fact, it is the main reason I stayed. For me, personally, I don't care if the likes of the Angel of Deaths come here and spew their mental sewage, I'll just ignore the trollish asshats, if they become that irritating. This is your domain, if you see fit to banish the acerbic bottom feeders, then so be it,

Quote from: Dave on December 23, 2017, 10:03:40 AM
I am happy to give anyone a chance to develop a discussion but am intolerant of prosetylising in any form or direction. Make an offer and be willing to consider another's point of view - OK. Simply posting your beliefs - just not on.

I second the above.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

I have a bit of a thing about revisionism. I don't have an issue with the odd "Oh shit I shouldn't have said that!" But reviewing onhes whole posting history is pushing it as far as I am concerned.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on December 23, 2017, 11:43:47 AM
I have a bit of a thing about revisionism. I don't have an issue with the odd "Oh shit I shouldn't have said that!" But reviewing onhes whole posting history is pushing it as far as I am concerned.

Agreed, I have removed one or two of my posts and rewritten the odd one but, I think, always given a reason for doing so.

Pasta Chick

He's been trolling us since his first post. Fuck him.

It takes a hellova lot of privilege to think proper discourse involves letting someone be heard on whether or not groups they don't belong to are human, or that this even warrants discussion in the first place.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 23, 2017, 11:43:47 AM

IMO, if a person makes a mistake or would like to take back what they have said then they should own it and accept correction, not go back and edit all their posts so that it looks like they never said it, like AoD did. It's a dishonest approach, and IMO therefore unacceptable.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

So...AngelofDeath came here, threw up all over the place, and tried to clean it up?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

I still think that he was an immature person, in age or otherwise. Hopefully thiis will be an educational experience.

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on December 23, 2017, 06:53:46 PM
So...AngelofDeath came here, threw up all over the place, tried to clean it up, and left?  :shrug:
I don't think he left. I have suspended (temporarily banned) his account until we have guidence on revisionism.

No one

Tank:
I don't think he left. I have suspended (temporarily banned) his account until we have guidence on revisionism.[

Icarus

True, AOD annoys me some.  On the other hand I think that it is healthy to be annoyed  by disagreeing with someones point of view.  This person has not really given us much food for thought so I value his/her input as less than stimulating. 

We pride ourselves on being, or believing ourselves to be, thinkers.  When we slam the door on other states of mind, we are not being as wise or as tolerant as we might believe ourselves to be.  It is a lead pipe cinch that many of us, most of us, any of us, can easily defeat a religionist or similar crackpot in a rational debate. The problem is that so many religious zealots can not find it in their hearts or minds to accept that they have been defeated. In that case there is no point in continuing to endure his/her disingenuous palaver

With that, I readily accept that the judgement of the administrators is in the best interests of this remarkably happy group that we call HAFers.   

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on December 23, 2017, 07:25:01 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 23, 2017, 06:53:46 PM
So...AngelofDeath came here, threw up all over the place, tried to clean it up, and left?  :shrug:
I don't think he left. I have suspended (temporarily banned) his account until we have guidence on revisionism.
I didn't say he left...
Who said that?

I don't know.
~Look at my original quote.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Icarus on December 24, 2017, 12:23:26 AM
When we slam the door on other states of mind, we are not being as wise or as tolerant as we might believe ourselves to be. 

I don't think of this as slamming the door on another state of mind, but as punishment for attempted gaslighting.  Altho many of us objected to what AoD wrote, his suspension was for retroactively changing or deleting his old posts rather than simply writing a new post regarding his change of mind about this or that.  Or whatever it was that made him want change his old posts.  Difference of opinion is acceptable, dishonesty is not.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany