News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Wish me luck as you wave me au revoir

Started by hermes2015, November 17, 2017, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 30, 2017, 11:24:43 AM
I checked into my hotel in Muscat about 4 hours ago and found that I could log onto HAF. Had a siesta and it's still working. I just hope it will be OK the rest of the week so I won't suffer from withdrawal symptoms.

Cool.  So what are you up to there?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 30, 2017, 11:45:04 AM
I checked into my hotel in Muscat about 4 hours ago and found that I could log onto HAF. Had a siesta and it's still working. I just hope it will be OK the rest of the week so I won't suffer from withdrawal symptoms.

I am presenting a 5-day seminar/training course on gas chromatography at a crude oil and natural gas exploration and development company. It will be mainly theoretical, with a lot of organic chemistry, but also a bit of practical lab work. I will have about 16 trainees. I've done this before in Oman, so I shouldn't get too many surprises.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

That is interesting, since the previous company that I worked for (Beckman Coulter) is active in gas chromatography as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on December 30, 2017, 12:57:17 PM
That is interesting, since the previous company that I worked for (Beckman Coulter) is active in gas chromatography as well.

They are not a major player in analytical scale GC anymore. Agilent Technologies, the company I am associated with, is now the leader.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 30, 2017, 01:23:56 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on December 30, 2017, 12:57:17 PM

They are not a major player in analytical scale GC anymore. Agilent Technologies, the company I am associated with, is now the leader.

I believe that Beckman Coulter is nowadays more active in "Life Sciences", manufacturing biomedical laboratory instruments.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

YAY! WE CAN STILL HEAR YOU!!! (TALK LOUDER 'CUZ IT'S LONG DISTANCE!!!)

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 30, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

I am presenting a 5-day seminar/training course on gas chromatography at a crude oil and natural gas exploration and development company. It will be mainly theoretical, with a lot of organic chemistry, but also a bit of practical lab work. I will have about 16 trainees. I've done this before in Oman, so I shouldn't get too many surprises.

Sounds interesting, Hermes. :popcorn:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 31, 2017, 08:47:22 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 30, 2017, 12:42:51 PM

Sounds interesting, Hermes. :popcorn:

It's going well so far. Most of them are quite keen to learn.
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

hermes2015

― Charles Eames