News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

real or parody?

Started by AngelOfDeath, December 20, 2017, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelOfDeath

This is an interesting chat board:  http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php .

Icarus

Holy shit, I checked out that site.  Those people are so far away in space that I can not actually believe that such people exist. Whoooo!!  I would normally be inclined to say; to each his own....but these people are strange and too dangerous to ignore.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

The Landover baptist church is a famous poe site.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

They have a site that is set up just like many other well made forums. One as innocently ignorant as I would take it as a real place where fanatics can converse. 

Their thread about Apache helicopters being predicted in the bible was enough for me. I hastened to get outta' there before I was assigned to one of the circles of hell.   I am not so much in fear of hell's torment but fear of the fate of our nation in the hands of fucking lunatics of this stripe. 

Dave

Quote from: Tank on December 22, 2017, 08:52:58 AM
The Landover baptist church is a famous poe site.

It must be truly difficult to spot the poes and trolls amongst such a bunch of weirdos.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on December 23, 2017, 12:28:49 AM
They have a site that is set up just like many other well made forums. One as innocently ignorant as I would take it as a real place where fanatics can converse. 

Their thread about Apache helicopters being predicted in the bible was enough for me. I hastened to get outta' there before I was assigned to one of the circles of hell.   I am not so much in fear of hell's torment but fear of the fate of our nation in the hands of fucking lunatics of this stripe.

Oh, I think the original intent was to offer a genuine platform for extremist xtian views - it is just the case that such makes itself an obvious target for poes and trolls. Moderation, excepting "blaspemy" and obvious personal aggression beyond even heated argument, is virtually impossible.

Icarus

I confess that I have been completely beguiled by that site.  I am obviously naive about such stuff.   :-[

In my defense I can state with confidence that "edge of the earth" houses of worship do exist and they are serious and immovable believers. There are humans who truly believe that it is Turtles all the way down

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on December 24, 2017, 02:32:14 AM
I confess that I have been completely beguiled by that site.  I am obviously naive about such stuff.   :-[

In my defense I can state with confidence that "edge of the earth" houses of worship do exist and they are serious and immovable believers. There are humans who truly believe that it is Turtles all the way down
You're not alone. It got me hook, line and sinker first time I saw it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

As fascinating as a continuous mental rail crash...

Dave

Having checked Landover out (which I should have done at the very first!  :redface: ) I see it is a parody that has attracted real xtian nutters.