News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Wish me luck as you wave me au revoir

Started by hermes2015, November 17, 2017, 11:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Dearly beloved HAF members. It is with great sadness that I say au revoir, as I am off to Dubai this evening.  :violin:

I am not looking forward to it, because I am pretty sure the godless HAF site is blocked there. If all goes well I will be back home next Friday the 24th, so it is simply au revoir, not goodbye.

Please behave yourselves while I'm away.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 17, 2017, 11:22:00 AM
Dearly beloved HAF members. It is with great sadness that I say au revoir, as I am off to Dubai this evening.  :violin:

I am not looking forward to it, because I am pretty sure the godless HAF site is blocked there. If all goes well I will be back home next Friday the 24th, so it is simply au revoir, not goodbye.
You  will be missed.
No.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

It'll be interesting to see if you are correct. I fear you will be.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE, ALL THE PLANTS WILL DIE"!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

I hate goodbyes... :cryandrun:

Impossible.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Sandra Craft

Take pictures, but don't get arrested.  See you again soon.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Safe travels! Dubai is an...interesting place.   

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 17, 2017, 11:22:00 AMPlease behave yourselves while I'm away.

:sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

Aw, Hermes, I've already missed you because I haven't been here for a bit, and now you're in DUBAI?!?! What the hell?  Are vacationing with the rich and famous?
Well, as long as you come home in one piece, I'll try to overlook this absence.  ;)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

OldGit

hermes2015

I got here about 2 hours ago, and was surprised to be able to connect to HAF. Let's hope it's not just a fluke and it continues for the rest of my stay.

Thanks for all the good wishes.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 18, 2017, 09:53:19 AM
I got here about 2 hours ago, and was surprised to be able to connect to HAF. Let's hope it's not just a fluke and it continues for the rest of my stay.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Just don't get caught, wipe visits here from your history, just in case!

And don't get tempted.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on November 18, 2017, 04:56:41 AM
Aw, Hermes, I've already missed you because I haven't been here for a bit, and now you're in DUBAI?!?! What the hell?  Are vacationing with the rich and famous?
Well, as long as you come home in one piece, I'll try to overlook this absence.  ;)

Yes, hobnobbing with royalty.  :frolic:

But also presenting a training course.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

:o Wishing you luck worked! We must have some godlike ability to influence events just by wishing they come true!

We must name this apparent superpower. Not 'prayer', that's already taken.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey